Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Marogareh posted:

Is there any way to install this on PS3? I've checked the options but nothing is there and there's no option when you start the game up.

Most PS3 games have mandatory partial installs because the BluRay drive can't read game data quite as fast as the old roaring DVD drives. No option for full installs however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Just started playing this game last night. Don't really know what I'm doing yet. It took me a while to figure out that each character has slots for clothing AND armor which can be worn at the same time. I'm not really sure what I should be buying at this point, I've just been getting better weapons for me (Strider) and my pawn (Warrior) and any armor with slightly better stats. I haven't even messed with crafting yet.

The game is pretty challenging if you're unprepared. I descended a well to fight some saurians in the first town and they completely destroyed me until I prepared properly by getting me and my pawn some more skills and switching out the slightly low level pawns for higher level ones. Later I got swarmed by bandits and owned.

Any advice on what I should be doing in the early game as far as crafting or excellent strider skills I should be getting for myself or my warrior pawn? I guess I could just trivialize the game completely by picking up some 100+ level pawns up for free from my friends while I'm level 10 but that seems cheap. Loving this game so far.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I tried switching my Strider Arisen to an Assassin and am not seeing the benefits at all. How can they become a good class, I have no interest in travelling at night and their augments look lovely. What are their good skills I should be looking at getting?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Big Bidness posted:

They gain a lot of Strength when they level, so you can do a huge amount of sword damage. Intimate Gambit does good damage, stuns an enemy, and brings it towards you so you can follow up with some more strikes, or another Intimate Gambit.

Gouge, which you don't get until level 7 or something deals huge damage against climbable monsters, and Dire Gouge at level 9 deals even more.

I don't really use most of the night Augments, but I tear poo poo up with a sword and bow.

Sounds cool then. I guess I'll focus on Intimate Strike->Intimate Gambit/Gouge->Dire Gouge/Clarity->Clairvoyance and my already pretty good strider bow skills.

I switched over to Ranger for a bit because their augments looked a little better but now I'll switch back and save up XP for these pretty expensive skills.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
The Assassin's Plaguic Shot (or something) is pretty fun when you put 4 of them into a big big enemy and now they move in slow motion. Also, get the assassin augment to boost damage against unaware enemies and then use Ranger's Comet Shot. You have hacked a Barret .50 Cal into Dragon's Dogma. But yeah, 6 fold/5 fold/10 fold is generally the best all around bow skill. Lights appendages on fire in one burst guaranteed.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is that the one that fires ten arrows at one target, or the one that spreads them out?

Also does it have any killer level 9 augments for other classes?

Tenfold is 1 target machinegun style. Endecad is 11 arrows in a wedge. Endecad shot on the broadside of a Chimera freakin owns. Snake and lion dead at the same time. But Tenfold at a weak spot is clearly superior.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Ok so I think I beat this game seeing as now I'm a ghost haunting Cassardis and Gran Soren. What am I supposed to do from here exactly?

Is there a good breakdown of the different ending options? New game+? Post game?

I've seen 2: Savan killed me and I became the next dragon and I killed Savan and became a ghost

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Speedball posted:

ARe there any augments that boost carrying capacity?

Yep. Fighter has one that makes you able to stay in the 'light weight' category for a long while. Strider has one that makes you act as if your encumbrance is one category below what it actually is. So light weight becomes unencumbered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Transistor Rhythm posted:

The other thing that I find really strange about the game is the way that they built the pawns into the game's cosmology instead of just making them regular NPC's, a trope that is fully recognizable to anyone that might be playing the game. Again, I haven't played through the game yet, but they seem to have put an awful lot of work in establishing that these pawns aren't human "like you," they even have to live in their own special camps, there's the entire rift thing, etc. It seems like quite a bit of work to reconcile, for the player, "this is a character that will accompany you and do your bidding." Is this concept something that gets "meta" later on, or is in any way important to the story?

Yeah, there's a definite reason for the pawns otherness.

• Locked thread