Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

I just got this game in from Gamefly a week ago and I am hooked. I just recently got a sword that is constantly on fire and have started building up a Mystic Knight so I can have a giant, magical shield and said eternally burning sword used in tandem.

Also, this is probably the only game I know of where you can summon He-Man to do your bidding talk about trees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Great Cannon :black101:

I just beat Grigori, and holy poo poo did the game decide to put on its man pants or what? I'm not sleepwalking through every fight anymore now that I'm in the Everfall.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

As long as I can listen to the kick rear end Metal Golem theme whenever I want, I will be content.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Apparently the December 4th release date for Hard Mode is worldwide, and not just for Japan.

I think I'll roll up a new character and pawn for Hard Mode. Now that I've got into the swing of things with the Everfall, I'm itching to switch over from a Mystic Knight to a Magic Archer.

nothing will be able to fill the void in my heart where Great Cannon is now, though...

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Nahxela posted:

Fight a relatively stationary large monster, like a Cyclops, lay down some Great Cannons at the foot of the monster(s), drop some of the ground traps (I forget what they're called), watch in awe as your FPS drops to the single digits.

Magick Archer is super fun to play. Most definitely my favorite class to go around in. It's just a matter of getting the appropriate stat growth through other classes so you don't have to suffer through the MA's mediocre stat growth.

You might be thinking of Ruinous Sigil. That plus the aforementioned Great Cannon is a great way to murder monsters as well as your PS3.

Seriously, I think this is the only game to bring the MT framework to its knees.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

I'm playing Hard mode as a fresh Strider.

Goblins one-shot me when you fight the cyclops outside of the encampment before you get your main pawn.

The real Dragon's Dogma starts here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Dr Tasty posted:

EDIT: Actually I can't remember when the game picks your partner. Is it before you fight the dragon or before you confront the leader of salvation?

The quest where it locks your beloved in is Deny Salvation.

• Locked thread