Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atlas Moth
Jan 13, 2012

Eternally nonplussed.
The game looks sick and I'm thinking about picking it up but I know very little about it. It'd be cool if one of you could write a couple of paragraphs on how open-ended and deep it is in comparison to a game like Skyrim. Replayability, world, dungeons, that sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Moth
Jan 13, 2012

Eternally nonplussed.
In an attempt to min/max my assassin I restarted my first character and ran straight to Gran Soren. My plan was to backtrack and grab the quests I did on the previous character to build pawn knowledge, yet most (if not all) rookie quests seem to have disappeared in the Encampment and Cassardis areas. I'm not shocked, because I've heard that the game blocks some stuff if you progress too far, but I'm only level 13 and I am disappointed that the Quina questline seems blocked.

So, is there a way to progress the Quina questline without having gotten the actual quest from Adaro or whatever beforehand? I grabbed her note and I hear my pawns chattering about her. I'd really like to start it again.

If Adaro's a big deal in this chain, he's dead. Pulverized by a cyclops.

Atlas Moth
Jan 13, 2012

Eternally nonplussed.

Sindai posted:

Nope, if you complete Matter of Myrmidons by going to the pawn guild then Lost and Found fails and you are locked out of the Quina and Selene quests forever.

Until NG+ anyway, right?

Atlas Moth
Jan 13, 2012

Eternally nonplussed.
Been farming the Ur-Dragon for a couple of days so if anyone's still out for a Heaven's Key, an Ascalon or that wizzy staff; bump PennyAwful on PSN and I'll hand you a freebie. :toot:

Atlas Moth
Jan 13, 2012

Eternally nonplussed.
Any downside to buying the game on PSN over a physical copy? I own the original game and all that, but hopefully I won't be missing out on any boxed stuff.

Atlas Moth
Jan 13, 2012

Eternally nonplussed.
Feels good getting back into the game with a fully loaded assassin (vanilla anyway), but I feel so out of touch with the game and the class that I might just start fresh. How is the magick archer? Oh, and I'd love to abuse your pawns.

PSN: PennyAwful

Atlas Moth
Jan 13, 2012

Eternally nonplussed.
What's a good way to build a decent magick archer? I played assassin originally so it's time for a change.

I've leveled my new guy to 10 as a mage. What now, sorcerer or ranger?

Atlas Moth
Jan 13, 2012

Eternally nonplussed.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well, like 90% of your damage as a MA will be magical, so being a ranger doesn't add much.

However, seriously though. Think of your main character as like Ramza in Final Fantasy Tactics. By the end of the game they will be the master of everything. All that you should concern yourself with is what class you feel like using today, you don't need to put any serious planning into it.

You're right, but it's not my first character or even my second playthrough so I don't mind sperging out on min-maxing this time around.

As per ranger; they have the highest stamina growth so I guess I'll do a sorc/ranger split til 100. Thanks

Atlas Moth
Jan 13, 2012

Eternally nonplussed.
Why is it that my pawns are so excrutiatingly stupid when it comes to boss battles, yet so efficient at clearing out minions and mini-bosses? I sat around waiting for my maxed out, newly hired challenger/utilitarian sorcerer to attack the undead BBI dragon for five minutes straight before she had the realization that my face was getting eaten. For a 10 minute fight, I can count the amount of spells she brought to the fight on one hand -- and this is a top 100 pawn. :shepicide:

e: Hiring a utilitarian for a damage dealer probably wasn't the best bet. Crisis averted.

Atlas Moth fucked around with this message at 17:49 on May 16, 2013

Atlas Moth
Jan 13, 2012

Eternally nonplussed.
Pitch black, eerie chimes, Bloodless Stockade is pretty creepy, you guys :ohdear:

Atlas Moth
Jan 13, 2012

Eternally nonplussed.
So I just started farming Daimon and I'm quickly running out of RC, so if any goons want to take my 94-ish warrior pawn out for a spin, please do. I'm so broke :negative:

Atlas Moth
Jan 13, 2012

Eternally nonplussed.
If anyone wants to trade pawns for Daimon runs and general BBI farm, let me know. Your class, spec and inclination doesn't matter, just bring my warrior pack mule along with you and I'll do the same. PSN: PennyAwful, holla

Atlas Moth
Jan 13, 2012

Eternally nonplussed.

Prism_Pink posted:

Hey no problem, used him from lvl 23 to 43 and he was super useful the whole way even at lvl 30! :3:
I've made some brief forays into BBI but that room with the Gorecyclops is just :stare: I take it at lvl 47 I shouldn't even been going as far as that?

I went there at 56 or so as a decked out assassin (vanilla gear anyway) and I probably spent 15 minutes shooting him with arrows. They're definitely one of the spongier guys in BBI, but that one is no biggie, just cheese him with ranged from up above.

Atlas Moth
Jan 13, 2012

Eternally nonplussed.
Still looking to trade pawns with someone for some mutual RC gains. My dude's a level 152 challenger, scather warrior with a big rear end hammer and junk, so shoot PennyAwful on PSN a message if you're up for it.

Atlas Moth
Jan 13, 2012

Eternally nonplussed.

CVagts posted:

So I've invested a few days into this Dark Arisen file without the original DD (or the import bonuses), but a friend of mine can lend me his copy so that I could get a savefile for all the fancy import bonuses. Are the bonuses going to pop up on my in-progress Dark Arisen file, or am I going to have to wipe it out and start all over in DA in order to get the benefits?

You'll have to erase your DA save and start fresh, sadly.

Atlas Moth
Jan 13, 2012

Eternally nonplussed.
Whoa, what? So having saved Mercedes from the dragon in the last battle, she wandered up my female Arisen in the prologue cutscene where my character then promptly embraced her and initiated third base. Okay, that's cool I guess, I mean I did like two missions for her, but whatever. How's that for character development

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Moth
Jan 13, 2012

Eternally nonplussed.
I'm so excited for this game to come out on PC that I've already gone full neckbeard and planned out max level builds for both my Arisen and main pawn. This was my most played game on 360, I can't wait.

• Locked thread