Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

:stare: New Game+ is worth it.

edit: I'm not in NG+ yet - sorry for the confusion.

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 07:30 on May 22, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

I mistook what I was playing as NG+, but it's actually the post-game. Still not sure what NG+ is yet.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

The Day 1 DLC is up on XBL.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-us/Product/Dragons-Dogma/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80243430814

80 points for the 10 quest pack.

Malachite posted:

How important is encumbrance?

I want to sprint all over and spam attacks, so making a small character sounds ideal. But that does mean the littlest knight will be limited to light armor instead of plate? Or is that purely for loot and/or tossing dudes around?
You mean your weight limit? If you're a hoarder like me, it's pretty important. The weight levels go from Very Light, Light, Average, Heavy, Very Heavy, Overencumbered. You want to be at Light encumbrance at the worst because your movement speed will start suffering significantly at Average and above. There's an augment that increases your carrying capacity too that's useful.

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 14:15 on May 22, 2012

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

3D Budgie posted:

Does anyone with the game have the correct information for class restrictions etc?

Fighter - 1H Swords/Maces, Shields
Mage - Staves
Strider - DW Daggers, Shortbows
Warrior - 2H Swords/Hammers
Sorcerer - 1H Staves, 2H Archstaves
Ranger - DW Daggers, Longbows
Mystic Knight - 1H Swords/Maces/Staves, Magic Shields (towershields)
Magick Archer - 1H Staves, DW Daggers, Magic Bows
Assassin - 1H Swords/Maces, Shields, DW Daggers, Shortbows

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 15:58 on May 22, 2012

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

X360 players:

If anyone wants to hire my main pawn Tyrion for free, add me.
GT: Gyoru

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

I just slew a Hydra. :c00l:

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

If someone has the official guide on them, could you look up and spoiler how to get to New Game Plus if it's stated in the guide?

I'm stuck (literally) after the post-game.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Shardok posted:

Anyone know about how long you're stuck in jail for if you A: Refuse to bribe the guards/or are poor. and B: Have no skeleton key?

You have no choice but to bribe him to get your freedom if you don't have a Skeleton Key. If you don't have the required 5000g, it'll just deduct all your remaining cash.

Also reposting my request from earlier:

Gyoru posted:

If someone has the official guide on them, could you look up and spoiler how to get to New Game Plus if it's stated in the guide?

I'm stuck (literally) after the post-game. Quest Name: The Great Hereafter

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Shardok posted:

Do not read this. It will spoil the end times.

Beyond the Rift. Jump into pit near Fountain Square of Gran Soren. Fall to center. Repeat as necessary to land in various areas along the sides of the shaft. Gather 20 wakestones is your quest. Only do when ready for New Game+, can't turn back once you unlock the deeper secrets of this area. After completing Fathom Deep (The 20 wakestones quest) you will get Final Judgment quest if you jump in the well again. Then you fight big bad boss and then... Get an awesome item. Use the option it has and you start the New Game +.

Thank you! The key part was the last 2 sentences for me because I've already done everything else. :)

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Your pawns can also hit your Magic Cannon's ball so you can have a ton of magic missiles flying everywhere. :haw:

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Here's an IRC channel:
#dogmagoons @ irc.synirc.net

(Mibbit link)

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Count Bleck posted:

Regarding Pride Before a Fall:

So what happens depending on if I choose to help Mercedes or not? What occurs differently because I want max affinity for her :3:

On my 1st playthrough: I let the duel play out. Mercedes loses the duel, but Julian spares her and gets away.

On my 2nd playthrough: I struck down Julian in the middle of the duel. Julian lost some affinity (you'll know with the sound) and died. The rest of the sequence played out exactly the same as if you let Mercedes lose the duel. I had a bunch of Wakestones on me so I revived Julian. This led to a conversation cutscene with Julian thanking me for reviving him and his promise to confess his involvement with Salvation back at Gran Soren.

You can max NPC affinities by just giving gifts anyway.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Count Bleck posted:

How does one give a gift?

I am legitimately curious :confused:

Talk to someone and choose the Present option. It's the (360) X button / (PS3) Square button.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Somebody alphabetically sorted the first two rows of the goon pawn list which moved the header row to the middle and misaligned a bunch of other ones. Don't do that.

I reverted to an older revision from today and fixed the header. If you're missing from the list, readd yourself to the bottom. Don't sort the list.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjSfcATozBXidFB3ZVVQUDA2d2tfZElncXB4ZXk0OWc&pli=1#gid=0

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

notZaar posted:

Why is it every time I burst into the inn with my weapons brandished I hear a little "bwoop" sound effect, like some meter is going down? Is the innkeeper getting mad at me?

Yeah that specific sound effect is the sound of some NPC getting pissed at you. Examples where it happens include running into certain NPCs or having your weapon drawn in the throne room. Feste :argh:

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

New patch coming this month.

They're adding an Easy Mode. :thumbsup:

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

GameFly has both versions for $19.99. This is the cheapest I've seen it so far.

- PS3

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Some Dark Arisen details:
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/04/dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-isnt-a-sequel-its-an-expansion-with-black-spell-island/

quote:

The expanded game has new characters, monsters, new parts, Black Spell island, and huge underground area to explore. Players can import save data from Dragon’s Dogma into Dark Arisen.

The Challenger Pack DLC (Hard Mode) is up on XBL - 556KB. PSN DLC will be up later today.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Changelog for Dark Arisen was posted today.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2013/04/18/dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-change-log-within

quote:

Those who have been following along with Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen news know that it contains an entire island of new content, with lots of crazy new enemies and stuff. But what of the changes to the original game, which is also included in the package? They are indeed numerous, and you’ll find the most notable ones in the following change log! Please note that not all changes are listed, but certainly some juicy ones are. Now then!

Player

-Various attacks and skills for all weapons have been rebalanced for all weapons.

Enemies
-Made the Ur-Dragon corpse's collision boundary smaller so players can now pick up drop items more easily.

-Undead enemies will now come out of the ground with higher defense stats (super armor mode).

-When Saurians die after being knocked down, they will now use a special death animation for when they are on the ground.

-Goblin Shamans will appear in the Witchwood.

-Eliminators will appear on the Tainted Mountain.

-Pyre Saurians will appear on the Tainted Mountain.

-Golden Knights and Silver Knights will appear in the Everfall (before the destruction of Gran Soren).

-Gorecyclopes (condemned type) will appear in the Shadow Fort.

-Living Armor will appear in the Catacombs.

-Wyverns (strong type) will appear at Bluemoon Tower.

-Wyrms (strong type) will appear at the Watergod's Altar.

-Drakes (strong type) will appear in the Everfall after the destruction of Gran Soren.

Pawns
-Adjusted how often pawns will talk by spacing out less important lines; in effect, making them seem to talk less.

-Adjusted and balanced the equipment and skills of all of the high-level pawns that are available to a player when they're playing offline.

-Adjusted how much it costs to hire a pawn that is higher-leveled than yourself down to a more realistic scale.

-Added a Monthly ranking to the pawn's Top Ranked section.

NPCs
-You will not gain Affinity with Assalam simply by talking to him anymore.

Items & Equipment
-Adjusted how much Ferrystones cost and how much they sell for. (Purchase price: 20000 >5000 | Sell price: 3500>1250)

-Adjusted how much Premium Rings and Premium Earrings cost. (Purchase price: 1,500,000>150,000 Rift Crystals | Purchase price 3,000,000>300,000 Rift Crystals)

-Tweaked stat increases for weapon upgrades (increases weaker upgrades, decreases ones that were too strong). Tweaks affect 68 different weapons.

-Dramatically increased base stats for 12 weapons obtainable by defeating the Dragon. 

-Improved base stats for 10 Magick Bows

World
-A Portcrystal that allows players to return to Cassardis has been added just outside Cassardis's gate

-A character/warp point that allows players to travel between Bitterblack Isle and Cassardis has been added to Cassardis's pier.

-Added a removable Portcrystal to the following areas: The Gran Soren Everfall (before a certain plot point. . . .), The Shadow Fort, The Witchwood, Hillfigure Knoll.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Dark Arisen is confirmed to be 2 discs at least on 360.

(not mine)

The Install Disc is just for the HD Textures and Japanese Voices.

Here are the first DLCs being advertised in-game. Same old, same old. :(

quote:

23/04/2013 Assorted Rift Crystal Packs!
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen DLC has arrived!

+ "Rift Crystals - Knights Pack"
+ "Rift Crystals - Queen Pack"
+ "Rift Crystals - King Pack"

Rift Crystals aplenty! Hire a high-level pawn with one of these weighty rift crystal packs! Purchase them as many times as you like

24/04/2013 New Customisation Selections!
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen DLC has arrived!

+ "New Character Edit Options Pack"
Style up your pawn with these new selections!

*The free "new Character Edit Options Preview" lets you see the content of the "New Character Edit Options Pack" on pawns hired from other Arisen

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 19, 2013

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

New DA video of a party around lv148-152 running into Death and getting one shotted. :haw:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RSwGnb2mB8

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

The old Google doc for PSN/XBL pawns still exists.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjSfcATozBXidFB3ZVVQUDA2d2tfZElncXB4ZXk0OWc#gid=0

The IRC channel is still around too.
#dogmagoons @ irc.synirc.net (Mibbit link)

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Apr 22, 2013

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Looks like the main Assassin augments (Bloodlust and Autonomy) were nerfed pretty badly in DA. Down from 70% bonus to 20% according to this source.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

It's a 12GB~ download on PSN. You'll need 24GB~ free to install it due to how PSN downloads work. It's a midnight release so it will be available for download at 12:01 AM EST or 9:01 PM PST. You won't have to wait for the typical Tuesday PSN Store update.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Dark Arisen stream is up.

http://twitch.tv/gyoruspy

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Lotish posted:

Okay, what's this "Secret Augments" business?
You can find cursed items in the new dungeon. Some of the items identify into Scrolls of XXXX. These are automatically consumed and unlock a new Secret Augment for both the Arisen and Pawn. Each scroll has a predetermined Secret Augment attached to it.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Errant911 posted:

Ok, so I just bought DA. I don't have XBOX live. Is there any way for me to get a previous install from DD to get the already having dragon's dogma bonus? In other words, can I slap someone else's save file on a USB drive and transfer it to my xbox? I doubt it, but figured I would ask.

360 saves might be protected/locked to the memory device, but there is a program that can resign saves for you and copy them over over USB called Modio. I haven't looked into it in forever, but that might be a place to start.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Rascyc posted:

Also quieter pawns my rear end, those patch notes were a lie!

They added a lower level of pawn speech rate. Unfortunately, that means old pawns need to be taken to the Knowledge Chair to be set to the new level.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

Anyway 90% of players apparently don't even know about the training chair so it's neither here nor there for the most part.
I was going to put a rant in that post about how most people don't know how to even set up good Pawn Inclinations let alone know about the Knowledge Chair so good luck with reduced pawn chatter. :v:

PSA: Here are the only inclinations worth a drat.
Top Tier
- Challenger
- Scather
- Utilitarian

A Tier
- Mitigator

Everything else is situational or complete garbage.

:tbear: Tier
- Medicant
- Pioneer
- Guardian

Good Combos
- Challenger/Utilitarian
- Scather/Utilitarian
- Challenger/Mitigator

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Apr 24, 2013

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Streaming Dark Arisen again.

http://twitch.tv/gyoruspy

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Undocumented Dark Arisen change: Pawns can use special arrows in their inventory now. They will also intelligently use Periapts to self-buff during more difficult encounters.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Stormgale posted:

What level is it a good idea to start doing the new content?

Level 50 is the recommended minimum level by Capcom.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Danith posted:

I think the spreadsheet should have separate tabs for xbox or ps3
Good idea. I just separated them.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Lunethex posted:

I think I'm really screwed on the subject of Giant Saurian Sages. They're never in that room at the Rotwood Depository. I think they only appear on the first playthrough of Bitterblack Isle, and when you can access the boss' second form, then they're gone. Can anyone please give me a Moonshimmer pelt through my pawn? I just need one so I can dupe it at Mountebank.
I can't find any Moonshimmer Pelts either. All of the saurians I've encountered in Rotwood are normal sized saurian sages. Maybe the drop chance is just absurdly low. I have so many Argentine Sacs and Snowy Saurian Skins.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

I added a list of macabre statue locations to the Google doc.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

JoeGlassJAw posted:

Does anyone know what the new character customization options are? I'm on 360 and have gotten a message on start up that there was a problem with them. Got a new message today that the problem had been resolved so I started a new character out of curiosity (I was still pretty early on), but didnt see anything new. I noticed on the message screen that there's a "character customization preview" option, but I have no idea where that is either. What am I missing?

2 additional hairstyles and 4 additional skin colors. The 2 hairstyles are already ingame as Olga's hair and the final boss's human hair. You should download the Preview Pack DLC for free at the very least as mentioned so you can see the new hairs on other player's pawns.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

If anyone on the 360 list has a spare Moonshimmer Pelt, I'd appreciate it. :smith:

You can use the Forger in Gran Soren to dupe mats.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

^^^ The OP should be changed to link the Google doc in list view instead of spreadsheet view. It's better for people who aren't familiar with spreadsheets or Google docs. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Aoikgg2gnmbNdGZvQW5MNDJPdEVXMHN5X3NXZHZPZVE#gid=0

Inclinations:

The Rift Store at The Encampment sells Inclination Potions and Neutralizing Elixirs. The latter completely wipes all inclinations on your pawn. Choose 3 inclinations: Primary, Secondary, Tertiary [hidden].

Buy 15 potions of each type at the Rift Store. Use all 15 of each in reverse order: Tertiary, Secondary, Primary. Example: You want Scather/Challenger/Utilitarian as your Primary/Secondary/Tertiary. Drink 15 Utilitarians, 15 Challengers, and finally 15 Scathers.

Your inclinations should now be "locked" or difficult to change without inclination potion use or judicious use of D-pad commands/Knowledge Chair.

If you want to change your pawn's speech rate or speech personality at the Knowledge Chair, do that before chugging inclination potions.

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Apr 28, 2013

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

ShadowMar posted:

Was there anyway to prevent the final boss of Dark Arisen from sending my pawns to hell? He did that right after I took off two bars so I had to solo him with my Warrior.

Hit him in the face (2nd form: real face) until he staggers. If you're melee only, welp hope you have enough stamina recovery items to dash in for a cling attempt. :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Azaael posted:

and have about 3 spare Tormentor's masks that I can gift to people who want to look like a minotaur.)

I could use it for my PS3 pawn.

• Locked thread