Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

notsoape posted:

Speaking of such things, do you have an email address :ninja:

That I do. Malmat.c (at) gmail (dot) com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Radio! posted:

What do you mean you don't like chin scritches???

Some dogs definitely like chin scritches. Mine does. :3:

Cats and dogs are both pretty great I think. Never really got the idea that people are cat people or dog people.

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

McDragon posted:

Cats and dogs are both pretty great I think. Never really got the idea that people are cat people or dog people.

I used to think that when it had been a while since I'd had a dog. And then I got Sitka and yeah. Definitely a dog person. Cats are nice for dealing with the odd mouse, but honestly they are little poo poo & destruction factories. Dumber than a box of rocks to boot.

WolfensteinBag posted:

I think it's hilarious that all the Prim Breed owners are so breedist. You seriously do have to have a completely different "taste" in dogs to own them, though.

:colbert: All other breeds are just inferior and that's all there is to it. :colbert:

What I think is funny is we are all stuck on our particular breed of primitive. Like, I'd never own a Shiba in a million years. But I would have all the huskies and malamutes. All of them.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Citizen Rat posted:

I used to think that when it had been a while since I'd had a dog. And then I got Sitka and yeah. Definitely a dog person. Cats are nice for dealing with the odd mouse, but honestly they are little poo poo & destruction factories. Dumber than a box of rocks to boot.

This person knows whats up

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

My dog thinks he's a pretty lady.

Citizen Rat posted:

:colbert: All other breeds are just inferior and that's all there is to it. :colbert:

What I think is funny is we are all stuck on our particular breed of primitive. Like, I'd never own a Shiba in a million years. But I would have all the huskies and malamutes. All of them.

:cool::hf::cool:

I like Huskies and Mals, too (my friend's was the biggest, sweetest "woooooowooooo" dog :3:) but eh. I'd rather have an Akita. v:shobon:v

Fat Dio
Feb 27, 2010

A lot of Poodle mixes, Schnauzers, Shih-Tzus, and every other breed of dog that gets eye and nose gunk stuck in its fur kind of grosses me out, I don't think I could live with that. Unless the dog was black, then I wouldn't notice and everything would be fine :buddy:

FlyingFish posted:

Also apparently some breeders are trying to breed for orange/black markings that resemble miniature tigers.
Why yes, they are indeed calling the breed "toyger".
They are ridiculously cute and I want one.

I pretty much just want all the cattes. All the cattes.

This reminds me of my favourite SCP, A Harmless Kitten

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Citizen Rat posted:

Cats are nice for dealing with the odd mouse, but honestly they are little poo poo & destruction factories. Dumber than a box of rocks to boot.

My cat is smart -- he knows more tricks then my boyfriend's dog -- and has never actually destroyed a thing in his life. :colbert: Obviously cats know you're a dog person and act accordingly toward you. You will forever be treated with condescension and poo poo by cats, you dog lover.

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

Yeah, we got our cat after having Buddy and I'd been working with dogs for years. I definitely love her, and I'm glad we have her, but even before we got her I said she'd be the last cat I'd ever own.

Ok, so I wasn't going to say anything, but I'm seriously :f5: ing like mad over here. I finally went ahead and emailed Wildhaus a few days ago. :ohdear: I haven't heard back, but they're busy with little puppies and I wrote a lot to respond to. I'm just so anxious!

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

WolfensteinBag posted:

I finally went ahead and emailed Wildhaus a few days ago. :ohdear:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is awesome. Good luck, keep us updated, etc etc. We're starting to make our 2-3 year puppy plan. I have strong reason to believe that it ends with us getting an Akita from that breeder in LA PFox loves.

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

rivals posted:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is awesome. Good luck, keep us updated, etc etc. We're starting to make our 2-3 year puppy plan. I have strong reason to believe that it ends with us getting an Akita from that breeder in LA PFox loves.

!!!!! :arghfist::( Man we need a house...

I also found another I'm all :h: about, too. She specializes in red brindles. :3: http://www.kaijukennels.com/

Though after meeting Bear, I still can't decide if I want a JA or AA. Just look at that concerned face.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

paisleyfox posted:

Though after meeting Bear, I still can't decide if I want a JA or AA. Just look at that concerned face.

Solution: get both!

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

Shifty Pony posted:

...I like the way you think, Shifty. :c00lbert:

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.

Shifty Pony posted:

This is the only way.

ButWhatIf
Jun 24, 2009

HA HA HA
Dogs I want: just Neige.

Dogs I don't want: every other dog.

It's really that simple for me. I like other dogs and it is great to work and play with them, but the only dog I really want is this one right here in my lap right now. Maybe someday I wouldn't mind adding a second Cardigan so she has someone else to boss around, but I don't really need a second dog. As fun as that'd be, it'd split my attention from her, and that's just not necessary. If I want to hang out with a different breed or personality for a day, I can spend time with clients or go to the dog park or visit my friends who have dogs. And those dogs are great. But I don't really see any others that grab me as much as Cardigans do and even other Cardigans just aren't as special and awesome to me as Neige is, because they're not my dog. So yeah. That's the dog I want.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Shifty Pony posted:

I dread the day I start asking you guys if I should get a mantle, a harlequin or a black dane. Because I'm ending up with three puppies, aren't I?

And I love my cats-I-never-post-about. I really do. Gabe's a giant lover and Sarah's a total oval office, but I love'em. Just.. if I had to choose between cats and dogs forever, it'd be dogs. ...Well, dogs and reptiles. If I had to choose between those, oh god, I'd never be able to decide.

E: Also, AA forever.

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 16:32 on May 25, 2012

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out

paisleyfox posted:

!!!!! :arghfist::( Man we need a house...

I also found another I'm all :h: about, too. She specializes in red brindles. :3: http://www.kaijukennels.com/

All the akitas I've met have actually been super sweet big lugs. I gather that it's atypical.

There's one that a rescue lady has who is also called Bear, he is about 10 years old and so calm. When you go to her place he just gruffly woofs at you, snuffs you for investigative purposes, and if satisfied, headbutts you with his nose for pats. :3: And a friend brought in her old akita dude to class the other day, he was the same.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

paisleyfox posted:

AAs are cute and all but how could you not want A GIANT loving KOJI. Also that breeder looks amazing too oh god we really can't get a third dog right now life would be hellllll.

Kiri koli
Jun 20, 2005
Also, I can kill you with my brain.

Woah, a new thread. Stupid traveling, making me miss like 7 pages.

So tomorrow I start attending a three day reactive dog clinic with Brenda Aloff. Should be interesting. Psyche is one of six working dogs, though we're only bringing her Monday since that's an "advanced trainer" day and we figured she wouldn't be able to handle all three days. Though since we made that decision, she's been improving steadily and she seems very unstressed considering I've been traveling for the last month and her whole routine has gone to hell.

Will report on the clinic if anyone is interested.

Chido
Dec 7, 2003

Butterflies fluttering on my face!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I dread the day I start asking you guys if I should get a mantle, a harlequin or a black dane. Because I'm ending up with three puppies, aren't I?

I know. If I listened to PI on that, I would've ended up keeping Roo's babies, plus letting my broodies sit on al the eggs in the world, and our backyard would turn into a live action avian version of 101 dalmatians...

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

don't get any danes, problem solved

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Kiri koli posted:

So tomorrow I start attending a three day reactive dog clinic with Brenda Aloff. Should be interesting. Psyche is one of six working dogs, though we're only bringing her Monday since that's an "advanced trainer" day and we figured she wouldn't be able to handle all three days. Though since we made that decision, she's been improving steadily and she seems very unstressed considering I've been traveling for the last month and her whole routine has gone to hell.

Will report on the clinic if anyone is interested.

I'd definitely be interested in hearing about it!

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Chido posted:

I know. If I listened to PI on that, I would've ended up keeping Roo's babies, plus letting my broodies sit on al the eggs in the world, and our backyard would turn into a live action avian version of 101 dalmatians...

But they had fluffy legs. FLUFFY LEGS. You have Roo, you know exactly how adorable that is.

ButWhatIf
Jun 24, 2009

HA HA HA

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Actually, that's really a no-brainer. You go with the personality that suits you best.

I thought I absolutely had to have a blue merle or a standard black-and-white (with no tan), and to be quite honest, the photos of the puppy with the creepy white face threw me off a lot, but darn if she isn't just the perfect dog for us right now!

I wuv my puppums!

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

dog is freakin' the gently caress out

stabbity
Sep 28, 2004

I also want all the dogs. Though I think 2-3 is probably the perfect amount, unless I magically wind up somewhere with a million acres of land, and then I will do exactly this but with Newfies and Akitas and all the dogs on my dream dog list :neckbeard:

Top 5 Dream Dogs
1. Newfoundland
2. Akita
3. Tamaskan
4. Great Dane
5. German Shepherd

Dogs I Never Want
1. any
2. dog
3. smaller
4. than
5. shiba-sized
I'm just not a fan of the puntable variety of dogs. They're cute, I have many friends with smaller dogs, but just not for me. I like dogs I don't have to bend over to pet. I would definitely get a shiba or vallhund in a heartbeat, though.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
Friend just posted this on FB:

Friend posted:

can't believe I just had 2 deal w that much stupidity when I'm not feeling wel! Who The F parks their car n a busy, not @ all safe shopping center parking lot (the Rite Aid has been robbed many times!), taking up 2 spots, w their YorkiePoo inside thcar, windows UP- this was my 1st concern- until I found the car was ON, keys in ignition, a/c blowing on dog, BUT owner's Gucci purse, Coach luggage, Von Maur, Sephora, & Gucci shopping bags r in plain sight n the car?! I waited 10 mins, talked 2 an old man similarly extremely concerned about the dog & possibly the owner who suggested we call the cops. I waited another 3 mins before I called 911.Then her dumb blond clueless rear end comes strolling out of a store. So I had to again call the cops to say nevermind, it was just an idiot & she's back now :/ REALLY?! I mean, I could've robbed her easily & gotten off w a good haul! I talked to her & she said "thanks" but telling her she's an idiot wasn't going to get me anywhere. Women...pls have some drat sense!!!!!! I get angry when stupid ppl suck up my precious time.

I hate people. :psyduck:

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Skizzles posted:

Friend just posted this on FB:

I hate people. :psyduck:

I don't get it. The lady's dog was hanging out in the AC so the only risk was that someone would break in and take the dog instead of the stuff. Your friend's time was "sucked up" because she stood around worrying about a dog in no immanent danger instead of moving on with her life while the owner ran into Rite Aid. I've seen a lot of terrible dog ownership, that barely even makes the list. Also, what are the cops going to do? Break into the car? The dog was fine. They would probably show up and tell your friend to stop calling them for stupid poo poo.

vv Sometime people have multiple sets of keys so they can lock the door and leave the car running at the same time while they go into a store for 15 minutes. Maybe I'm just pissy because I'm blonde but this seems like a lot of judgement over nothing. vvv

Instant Jellyfish fucked around with this message at 19:44 on May 25, 2012

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
The person's a moron because she left a lot of valuable poo poo in plain sight in an unlocked car with the keys in the ignition in a shady part of town.

edit: yes my friend overreacted a bit and her typing is obnoxious, but the girl is still an idiot.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Hey, uh, cat ... you're not as well-hidden as you think you are.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

:3: It's Balen's birthday today. He's 7. He got a double whopper with cheese and it was gone in about three bites. He was basically the happiest dog ever when I pulled it out of the wrapper. I'll post pictures of goofy dressup and stuff later on.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

If I had gotten a Whopper for my 7th birthday I'd have been pretty pissed even if it was a double. Just goes to show you how dumb dogs are really when you think about it.

The only dog I would get at this point would be a Papillon but whenever I think about having to put my hand in a plastic sack and pick up the dog poop and feel the warm dog poop through the thin plastic I throw up and I probably will never get a dog.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

El Gar posted:

If I had gotten a Whopper for my 7th birthday I'd have been pretty pissed even if it was a double. Just goes to show you how dumb dogs are really when you think about it.

The only dog I would get at this point would be a Papillon but whenever I think about having to put my hand in a plastic sack and pick up the dog poop and feel the warm dog poop through the thin plastic I throw up and I probably will never get a dog.

If you have a yard you could always use a pooper scooper- no warm poop to hand through bag contact any more!

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

wtftastic posted:

If you have a yard you could always use a pooper scooper- no warm poop to hand through bag contact any more!

Yeah I know that but what about when I want to go for a walk with my dog? Or go to a park? At some point in my life I would have to endure the situation I described earlier.

demozthenes
Feb 14, 2007

Wicked pissa little critta
Create a job by paying someone to follow your dog around and pick up his turds.

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?

El Gar posted:

Yeah I know that but what about when I want to go for a walk with my dog? Or go to a park? At some point in my life I would have to endure the situation I described earlier.

Well. It won't be warm anymore, at least.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

El Gar posted:

I am sure a scooper like device exists for this purpose as well.

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.

El Gar posted:

Small dog turds are less warm and squishy than large ones because the creature emitting them has no soul.

Cleaning up after Keeper is like picking up deer pellets. Cleaning up after Spice requires two hands, two bags and a deep sense of intrinsic wrongness.

I don't know how you giant dog people can live your lives.

Neena
May 11, 2007

No male will ever handle my massive CoX!
Wait, I meant boobs! Wait!
FISTS, Shit!

El Gar posted:

This is the same visceral reaction I have when I think about scooping litter boxes. Never again. Luckily neither me nor my boyfriend are cat people.

^^Edit, again; :barf: Jesus christ you guys. More random animal nonsense: When I grab poo poo, it tends to smoosh outward through my plastic-covered fingers

Neena fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 25, 2012

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Captain Foxy posted:

Cleaning up after Keeper is like picking up deer pellets.

This is extremely nice to hear, you made my day. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

El Gar posted:

This is extremely nice to hear, you made my day. Thank you.

Picking up after Balen and Amy is like shoving my hand into a bowl of squashy, hot dough. When I grab poo poo, it tends to smoosh outward through my plastic-covered fingers. Even if I manage to get it all in one bag (and mind you, when I do, I feel like I've won the world series), there is a very high chance that a bit will flop off the edge onto my hand and roll over it, leaving a brownish smear. Or it will break the bag due to weight and then I must race at top speed to a trash can before it gets on my shoes.

I usually use a plastic bag from Walmart. Or two. Dane ownership~

• Locked thread