Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

A continuation of the original random nonsense thread. Post whatever silly/off-topic/fun things you want to post about your pet in here.

Keep the drama out.

The old thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Some pictures from yesterday's biking trip with Lola. I only tried to drown her once (not shown: drenched, sad dog).

We go biking along the canal that links Leeds and Liverpool. It's pretty cool!

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Reposting sheep alpha rolling because it is ridiculous.

Crazy Sheep Lady posted:

These dominance demonstrations are the same as those that dog trainers use. We have found that they are extremely effective ways of managing rams....for mild threats to humans, or for various other bad behaviors, such as barn or fence bashing. The goal is the same as that for naughty ram-lambs: to get them on their sides or backs (helpless) with you holding them down. You establish yourself as “alpha ram” and teach the delinquent ram that he must never question his lesser position to humans, or the requirements of living in a flock situation.

After the ram is on his side/back, hold him with his head turned severely around to the side, and use a knee to hold him down, until he gives up struggling. If this is a first offense, the sense of helplessness may be all that is necessary. But if the ram has needed discipline more than once, also hold his nose for several seconds with one hand, with the other hand holding the head. Don’t hold their noses until they pass out...they lose enough brain cells on their own!

While the ram is down, shout at him! Shout something that you can use as a verbal reminder later. It may take more than one application of this treatment to make an impression, especially if the ram has decided that he can misbehave and still remain alive!

The farm that posted that raises Shetland Sheep which only get about 100 lbs max so it makes things easier. They did a picture guide.

I want them to try on one of these guys instead.

Yearling Horned Dorset ram

Full grown Suffolk ram

vv A mature Suffolk ram can weigh 350 lbs vv

Instant Jellyfish fucked around with this message at 22:44 on May 23, 2012

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Reposting sheep alpha rolling because it is ridiculous.

The farm that posted that raises Shetland Sheep which only get about 100 lbs max so it makes things easier. They did a picture guide.

I want them to try on one of these guys instead.

Yearling Horned Dorset ram

Full grown Suffolk ram

I didn't know sheep got quite that large. Impressive!

Also that last one looks like a pillow with a head attached to it. :3:

Azrael Alexander
Jun 24, 2011

No one ever asks if Bender would like to live in a tiny little house. Not that I would. A tiny little house that says "Bender" on it.
LOL you guys killed the thread.

Have a badass Pit Bull rocker. :3:

http://timracer.com/html/carvings/sally_01/sally_01.html

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
For some reason I was expecting that to be a pit bull with a guitar. A rocking horse pibble is almost as good.

Azrael Alexander
Jun 24, 2011

No one ever asks if Bender would like to live in a tiny little house. Not that I would. A tiny little house that says "Bender" on it.

Nuns with Guns posted:

For some reason I was expecting that to be a pit bull with a guitar. A rocking horse pibble is almost as good.

Ask and ye shall receive:

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
So this puppy has absolutely never been inside a house before today. Born under the deck, raised in the yard :banjo: but he's doing ok.

Playing in the yard definitely turns on his 'happy' switch, tethering makes him want to eat his leash, he has the fattest paws and likes to slap with them and so far, he seems to really enjoy being in a crate. Wife plopped him in there, he curled up and snoozed for about 2 hours. Play break in the yard, an hour tethered on the couch, potty break and now he's quietly chewing on a puppy nylabone in the crate again. :3:

All of our dogs are either gently saying hi or effectively ignoring him. Tonka however has no idea what to make of this thing. At all.

His name is Nori.

ETA: Holy crap, those are big sheep. :stare:

TVs Ian fucked around with this message at 23:22 on May 23, 2012

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

By the way, Shifty Pony - no, Husker doesn't mind being in the next room because our house is laid out in such a way that he can see us from anywhere on the main floor, and the rest of the house is carpeted.

I gave the rats a small bowl of squash pieces and seeds and they immediately starting squabbling over a single piece. Guys, there's like five more just a good as that one...

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

TVs Ian posted:

So this puppy has absolutely never been inside a house before today. Born under the deck, raised in the yard :redneck: but he's doing ok.

Playing in the yard definitely turns on his 'happy' switch, tethering makes him want to eat his leash, he has the fattest paws and likes to slap with them and so far, he seems to really enjoy being in a crate. Wife plopped him in there, he curled up and snoozed for about 2 hours. Play break in the yard, an hour tethered on the couch, potty break and now he's quietly chewing on a puppy nylabone in the crate again. :3:

All of our dogs are either gently saying hi or effectively ignoring him. Tonka however has no idea what to make of this thing. At all.

His name is Nori.

God drat that's a cute rear end puppy. Do you know what kind of a mix he is?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

TVs Ian posted:

His name is Nori.

Aaaaaaa He's adorable :3::3: And he sounds like a sweetheart.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

His father is a husky and his mom is some kind of husky mix from what we've heard. Mind you, the friend who rescued him knows jack poo poo about dogs, but his father is definitely a very dirty white husky. White turned blond from living in a dirt yard.

Dancingthroughlife
Dec 15, 2009

Will dance for cupcakes

TVs Ian posted:

His name is Nori.

:3:

Grieving pit bull stays by mate's side for 14 hours. :(
http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981351530

Neena
May 11, 2007

No male will ever handle my massive CoX!
Wait, I meant boobs! Wait!
FISTS, Shit!
Oh my god Ian, that loving puppy :neckbeard:

Savannah was also born in a pen and never went inside a house until we took her, and she settled in without a hitch too. You guys are awesome for taking him in.

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.

TVs Ian posted:

So this puppy has absolutely never been inside a house before today. Born under the deck, raised in the yard :banjo: but he's doing ok.

His name is Nori.

PI ship me this puppy. Start the new thread off right.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Oh no. :( I was so hoping the old nonsense thread would go to 500 pages and close. You guys just had to yell at each other! :fist: :saddowns:

That puppy is godawfully adorable, but like I said man. That dog is gonna destroy your house. The cute ones always do.

Balen's birthday is in 2 days. I went shopping.

I got supplies.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Stella is our new lab/rottweiler cross. She's 2 and we've had her for about two weeks. Her previous owners never walked her and so she's understandably very, very excited when I get the leash out. She knows sit and down and I usually ask for one or the other while I'm putting the leash on, but she always jumps up as soon as I get close. Today as I was going in to clip the leash on she jumped up and NUT-SHOTTED me. I don't know if it was the fact that I let out a very loud yell or the fact that I put the leash away and took off to recollect myself but she was much calmer when I tried again five minutes later.

I'm not sure if it was an accident or a response to the fact that I just had her spayed yesterday...

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...

Full grown Suffolk ram

vv A mature Suffolk ram can weigh 350 lbs vv

Jeebus. I'd be lying if I said I'd never been scared by sheep before (Jill Ker Conway's description of getting mobbed by drought-maddened sheep in Australia is pretty effective) but I don't think I've ever been daunted just looking at a sheep picture before.

vvv Goddamn that is a cute puppy. :3:

Andrias Scheuchzeri fucked around with this message at 23:57 on May 23, 2012

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

That puppy is godawfully adorable, but like I said man. That dog is gonna destroy your house. The cute ones always do.

This is revenge for me being one of the first to predict you were keeping Ires, isn't it? :colbert:

And I am reposting this picture from the closed thread because it is my current favorite.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

TVs Ian posted:

This is revenge for me being one of the first to predict you were keeping Ires, isn't it? :colbert:

And I am reposting this picture from the closed thread because it is my current favorite.

Nori is such an adorable little stoner puppy. He is the cutest, most chill looking lil dude :3:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

TVs Ian posted:

Yeah, pretty much. Even though she's a good girl now. :3:

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Azrael Alexander posted:

Ask and ye shall receive:

Well now my day is complete. :neckbeard:

Also, yay, puppy!

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
My mentor is out of town so I get to dogsit for her.

This is Tar Heel and he's a... mix... of... something. I call him the Gray Coyote. He's silly.

And this is Vassar, some sort of malamute mix I assume. I never knew the true definition of shedding until I met this dog...

They are really chill dudes. :3:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Aww, what a lovely smiley puppy. Did you get his name from The Hobbit? Looks like he might be in danger of exploding though, you'd better take lots of pictures of him to be safe. I liked that one with Lucy in the background, that one made me laugh.

Now that there's finally some sun, Gail's been out sunbathing like she likes to do. She goes out, gets completely boiling then comes back in panting like mad. Then once she's cooled off, out she goes again. Crazy old dog. She's lovely to cuddle once she's heated up, like a hot water bottle or something.

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?

Full grown Suffolk ram

:stare: That... that topline...

How much of that is grooming versus the actual conformation of the sheep?

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

TVs Ian posted:

His father is a husky and his mom is some kind of husky mix from what we've heard. Mind you, the friend who rescued him knows jack poo poo about dogs, but his father is definitely a very dirty white husky. White turned blond from living in a dirt yard.

:neckbeard: Awesome puppy. :3: Looks more mal than husky in the face, either that or some kinda big LSG mixed in. :3: Either way I'm guessing he'll be large.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

notsoape posted:

:stare: That... that topline...

How much of that is grooming versus the actual conformation of the sheep?

That is a top winning senior Suffolk ram in my state so I'm sure the people showing it have done a bit of corrective grooming and standing him at an angle because he's worth a fortune in IA fees. That said Suffolks are shown sheared pretty short so the topline really pretty drat flat. They are supposed to "have a straight spine from the base of the neck to the tail head" and generally be built like a table.

Here's another, younger Suffolk that's basically naked and still has a topline you could balance a glass on.

Big time competitors used to dock the tail all the way up practically to the pelvis so the tail didn't get in the way of the sheep's outline but that's been banned now because it was linked to rectal prolapse. Show sheep people are kind of nuts.

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?

Fraction posted:

Some pictures from yesterday's biking trip with Lola. I only tried to drown her once (not shown: drenched, sad dog).

:3: What equipment do you use in terms of harnesses/bike attachments etc?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Fraction posted:

How come your dog always looks stoned

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
Yay! New thread. It's been far too long since I've had anything to post. Maybe I'll hunt up a dumb picture of Zoey the stumpy cat to show y'all. :3:

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.

Levitate posted:

Feels good man

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!

Levitate posted:

It's high on life!

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Levitate posted:

That's a Jack Herer terrier

Aravenna
Jun 9, 2002

DOOK
One of the local rescue people just posted this on Facebook:

quote:

URGENT DONATION NEED: Boy George and Elton John need Penis Surgery (seriously)
These two siblings were orphans who took to nursing on each others.... this caused some significant damage to their ... and while healing nicely, it has healed too nicely and their opening to urinate has sealed shut. Boy George has received a catheter for now to keep the prepuce open and Elton John will need one tomorrow or Friday if he does not urinate tonight. Vet thinks that the openings will most likely heal shut again and both kittens will need a PU surgery (Perineal urethrostomy) in approx 2 weeks if we can wait that long so they are a little bigger for surgery. They will basically lose their .... and a new opening will be made so they can go tee tee. Dr. Gandy has agreed to give us a significant discount on the surgeries (has only seen one other case like this) but we still need to cover about $1400.00 total for the boys to get the care they need. The surgery gives them a great prognosis, and just a higher risk of UTIs down the road. They are so sweet and sociable, highly adoptable!

:stare:

Neena
May 11, 2007

No male will ever handle my massive CoX!
Wait, I meant boobs! Wait!
FISTS, Shit!
:catstare: Seriously, they couldn't loving type PENIS more than once?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Neena posted:

:catstare: Seriously, they couldn't loving type PENIS more than once?

But 'penis' is a bad, bad, dirty word :qq:

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Speaking of cute puppies, how's yours doing?

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?

That is a top winning senior Suffolk ram in my state so I'm sure the people showing it have done a bit of corrective grooming and standing him at an angle because he's worth a fortune in IA fees. That said Suffolks are shown sheared pretty short so the topline really pretty drat flat. They are supposed to "have a straight spine from the base of the neck to the tail head" and generally be built like a table.

Here's another, younger Suffolk that's basically naked and still has a topline you could balance a glass on.

Big time competitors used to dock the tail all the way up practically to the pelvis so the tail didn't get in the way of the sheep's outline but that's been banned now because it was linked to rectal prolapse. Show sheep people are kind of nuts.

Jeez. So, are they considered a meat breed or fleece or just ~fancy~?

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

TVs Ian posted:

His name is Nori.

I had a kitty named Nori...well, short for Noriko because I'm a nerd like that. She's awesome, but my ex-boyfriend got her in the breakup. She was sassy and liked to slap things with her paws too!

What I'm trying to say is....:3: Such big paws! I bet he's going to have an adorable awkward-teen phase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"

Malachite_Dragon posted:

But 'penis' is a bad, bad, dirty word :qq:

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenis. Penis. Pee pee pee pee pee penis.

Wanna join the PEN15 club?

Penis.

• Locked thread