Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006
Same story, different version.

The pet store at the mall I work at had a girl carrying a puppy around. She said it was a bichon, but the poor thing had the longest stringiest fur... It looked more like a hosed up maltese. And it was only 650! Marked down from 900! It was super hard to bite my tongue about it.

My friend used to work there and one one morning they called and told her to take the day off. She found out later that some of the puppies had parvo, and instead of testing to see which ones had it and which didn't the owner just euthed them all.

But mostly I posted because the girl said they had some brand new pitbull/border collie crosses and I wanted to know if the dogs behaviors will be as neurotic and trainwrecky as it sounds.

Thoughts?

_____
v Edit: Our old gsd used to crack black walnuts with her teeth and eat the nutmeat. It takes like three blows with a hammer to open one of those things.

Tasty_Crayon fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jan 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Instant Jellyfish posted:

It took being out of his mind on a med transition with kids running around with guns all around, fireworks going off and a stranger grabbing him by his face to get Major to bite but it still put me in a total panic about whether or not he would ever be safe.

Define "grabbed his face". Like, didn't introduce himself to major? Isn't he a pretty big dog? That sounds hella stupid.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Jeez. What ever happened to strange dog etiquette?

Then again I've seen pictures of Major's adorable spotty face... :ohdear:

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Superconsndar posted:

Moses killed Frankie this morning. Frankie is dead. Sorry guys.

Oh god I hope this is just you being a dick

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

I had to go to a fiber sale today and sell some yarn and fully expected to come home to lambs. One of my usually quiet sheep spent the whole morning randomly bellowing like she was missing someone and being super clingy to her buddy so I figured she was finally going to pop while I was gone. I got home and nothing. She's stopped wailing but now she's wandering around making the weird noise they make to their babies for no particular reason. I'm hoping this means she will finally lamb tonight but she doesn't have any goo or anything going on so who knows.

I think they're waiting for me to completely lose my mind and then they will all lamb at once.

Edit:

I complained to a dairy goat person about the endless waiting and she said that she just induces labor on all of her goats so she always knows when they're going to kid. She has not let any of her goats go into labor and deliver naturally in years :psyduck:

Are you going to re-open or start a new baby farm animal thread?

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

I have a new one ready to go. I'm just waiting to actually have some babbies to post. I didn't want to get people's hopes up and then make them wait forever for them to actually do anything. Perhaps tomorrow? A couple are looking close tonight.

Edit:
I'm 90% sure one is in early labor. She's doing a lot of stretching and tooth grinding and going up and down. Poor girlie. Too bad they don't do sheep epidurals. I'm not saying anything is for sure until I see feet though.

So how do you make a goat give birth on schedule? The regular human injection way? What are the risks for that kind of thing?

I can't wait to see your babies. Include plenty of pictures of Major, I love his freckly face. :3:

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

InEscape posted:

Sarabi would be Oh Look An Ear Infection or possibly Gross All Over.

That's weird, I thought she was Kitten Pinata.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

I've never understood how people can be so afraid of such beautiful sail eared pointy faced fluff butts, but I'm admittedly biased.

:3:

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

He spends the whole time flailing and screaming and making me feel terrible.

He just looks so betrayed now that I've turned into a dog torturing monster.

Just remember, you are helping him!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMeXGE_a8Gg

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Pink, sparkly, skulls all over it. That, or that incredibly overly spiky thing I linked ages ago for Keeper.

We got a spike collar for our GSD because we thought it would be funny to put such a badass thing on such a spoiled wussy dog.

We had to take it off because he would slam it into us when asking for pets. :saddowns:

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

I love how creepy this forum makes me seem.

Me: "Awww, it's Vecna! I love him."
BF: "Who's that?"
Me: "Oh, the dog of a person I've never seen, met or talked to..."

Repeat for Corwin, Trophy, Major, Ozzy, Sophie, blah blah blah

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Well obviously, dogs love butt smells and febreeze is advertised to completely destroy bad smells so you just completely took away her butt smells :qq: now I'm curious as to how Moses and Frankie reacted.

Frankie would spontaneously explode into a cloud of green light not unlike the paragon ending of Mass Effect 3.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

So last night I had a dream where my family was chillin in the living room and my sister brought in a lamb! And I was all "OH poo poo, I know that lil dude" and was talking all about how I have seen Tiny Lamb and know Instant Jellyfish. So we snuggled it for awhile and then a dog with an unusually large gap between its eyes appeared and I was like "Oh my god its FRANKIE!" and then Moses was there but somehow the little lamb didn't get eaten, neither did Angus get his face chewed off because he was there for some reason also. Then I woke up.

You guys I think I'm broken :saddowns:

v---- At first I thought Frankie was Feldman but then when Moses appeared it sealed the deal. Sorry that your dog has a broken butt :(

Tasty_Crayon fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jun 8, 2013

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Superconsndar posted:

Is it mean to purchase a Nerf gun for the sole purpose of shooting your dogs with it. Y/n.

I bet you could modify it to shoot cheese puffs.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

This is my friend's dog Athena. They adopted her a few years ago after she was very well behaved and not at all interested in cats or jumping during introductions. Of course that was all LIES but they love her anyway. The first time I played tug of war with her I made growling noises and she was all "WHAT? That's allowed??" And now she sounds feral when she plays. Her best buddy is Cabo the chillest loving cat, but all outdorr cats are considered trespassing food.

My friend made a facebook page for her. Her email is sharkfacebabyeater@blah.com

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Triangulum posted:

Haha that is definitely not one of my dogs, I'm pretty sure that's a Groenendael. I guess that proves everyone's point about solid color purebreds being hard to tell apart though.

I can see why the shelter isn't sure if Kas if a GSD or a Belgian of some sort too:

That dog is a literal ~*princess*~.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Skizzles posted:

Hey look, LOG and BOG made it onto HuffPo. :iamafag: And of course LOG is in her Trophy suit.

What is she saying?

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Not enough :3:

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

My boss took in his daughter's puppy after getting his own, and even though they are four or so months apart they both have their issues. If they spend even one night apart one will throw up and the other will pee everywhere. :(

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Notsoape; is littermate syndrome something that happens with your family's beagles, or does it not matter with them all being in one big group?
Edit; dogdoo worded it better.

Tasty_Crayon fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jul 28, 2013

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

ButWhatIf posted:

This again is not very related to animals or pets at all (cars are kind of like inanimate pets that you have to take care of I guess?) but we are 98% sure we've just found the mother-in-law's car on craigslist. Gonna let the cops know, but I'm not optimistic they'll do anything about it so now I wanna organize some kind of covert sting operation and nail them thieves and maybe get my GPS back in the process. Husband thinks that since we have the keys we should just find out the exact location and just steal it back.

I'm having a hard time imagining what they could do about it.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Superconsndar posted:

to those not on FB

:tipshat:

Oh my gawd loook at that palomino puppy.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Superconsndar posted:

no but I do listen to a lot of hair metal so I am naming him after one of my fav people (because I am secretly literally 15 years old)

Peep's name is Sebastian (Sebby for short)

Welp see ya :tipshat:

How does Moses feel about his replacement? Have you let him know you are going to throw him out yet?

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

rysfade posted:

Just joined the PIFB- lurkers are allowed too, right? :ohdear:

Only if you keep posting adorable poo poo like that!

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Random nonsense thread might have become superfluous but the rest of PI hasn't. The PIFB is lots of fun but serves no practical purpose and flies by reeaaaally fast.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Abbeh posted:

Look at Arthur. Look at this dope try to beg for pets at breakfast:

Ugh that expression with those daintily folded paws.

Also I love stealth Zoso creeping into the frame.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

an expert posted:

Dear goony fellow I met at the grocery store parking lot today,

I'm assuming you're actually a goon since you "knew [me] from the internet". Thank you for not being creepier when I was startled that you knew my name.

Sincerely,
Milo

PS Sorry I think I got that grocery bag at Albertsons, not Target.

Hahah, awwwww :3

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

a life less posted:

Oh god yes. There was also at least one time where she "accidentally" let it fall on the ground and, with lightning fast reflexes, gobbled it up before anyone could say otherwise. Timbits are her favouritest things.

Haha, good girl :3:

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

That room looks so loving cozy. I want to join them.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Oooooh I didn't see that picture of the barn. You have an actual, functional, animals-that-arent-rats-can-live-here barn. Nice!

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

drat Bananas posted:

It's not in English, but all you need to know is it's a magician doing tricks at dogs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEQXeLjY9ak

Has anyone posted this? I'm cracking up. I love Salli's "the gently caress did you just do?!"

I love how every time the dog looks at the person behind the camera like, "What the gently caress is this poo poo?"

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

That sucks. My budgie Costanza was a week away from me moving into my own place when my mom's kitten decided to give him a taster. Little dude was almost home free! :argh:

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Drum posted:

Sheila's gotten more noisy as she's aged. She's still not at the hideous level of noise Clawdia was, with the whole "Siamese seems to have cat dementia, shrieks at the walls at 2 am."

My friend's 18yr old siamese lost the ability to remember wether or not he had eaten already. As a consequence, unless he was stuffing his face RIGHT THEN, he just assumed that he was staaaarving to deeeeath. Meeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooow.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

That is a Grade A Hound you have there sir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

ButWhatIf posted:

i am pretty sure i no longer have the postcount to do PISS and also i moved and am hella broke this year, sorry loves i know you all wanted to spoil my dumb long dog

She looks like a fluffy tailed princess in your FBI profile picture.

• Locked thread