Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Hoboken delenda est

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Power Khan posted:

If Rome ran on olive oil, what did their chinese contemporaries run on?

As a lubricant? Carrageenan I think.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
That’s assuming he doesn’t get a knife in the back from Agrippa. Bound to happen — it’s the Roman way!

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
When Diplomacy Fails is an excellent one to put on in the background, because 85 episodes of the Versailles conference is just too much to binge. He does do the reimagining as well (see: the 20 hours of audience Versailles conference role play that ran in parallel), but it’s generally contained to its own skippable episodes.

Out of the comedy history podcasts, I might cheat and pick Saga Thing. Icelandic family sagas are kind of history, right? I like that neither of the presenters are the dumb one who gets information thrown at him to react to, so instead it’s two beardy professors giving each other poo poo for going on digressions.

There’s tons of listenable history podcast, but in terms of academia those are the two where I can recall there being actual crossover between the presenter’s academic publications and the podcast

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Steely Dad posted:

British History Podcast is up to just before the Norman Conquest. He did a great job of early Medieval Britain, but new episodes seem to be coming a lot more slowly lately.

Not that that’ll be an immediate problem for a new listener, 348 episodes in and he’s only at the 1020’s.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Does producing apparently valid results push him from “dweeb” to “eccentric”?

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Weka posted:

The ancient equivalent of a beer bong.

Rhyton, bro!

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
That’s the sort of copyright you’d put on the spicier sort of religious scripture

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Has there been any experimental archeology on it? Like tasking an actual artist to produce and stage a good looking painted stone statue?

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
The programmer bought us, so it could still happen

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
VeniVidiViciboo, in the proper pronunciation

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
You’re all overthinking things. Liquidate assets, buy bitcoin, memorize wallet key. Boom, you’ve taken your wealth to the grave

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Can you track the Jewish population distribution by the details of the penis graffiti?

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
I mean, it sure would be nice if there were funding to get all that history stuff translated into one language (and then another, and another, and...)

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

our eyes arent real

That’s how you know it’s the ERE!

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

galagazombie posted:

Removing the Empires Roman theming was one the worst of many mistakes Oblivion made. I was glad they went back to being Romans in Skyrim.

I would have gone with wussing out of the weird jungle setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

euphronius posted:

I understand and have in mind history but I’m mostly talking about how Christianity is practiced now in the various churches and tents across the world. No one is talking about the Holy Spirit (except maybe as mentioned those learned doctors of divinity)

The Pentecostals would beg to differ.