Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
Cause of the roses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
Did Rome have robots?

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Alhazred posted:

I buy coins from a norwegian store:

(Elagabalus)

(Hadrian)

(A celtic coin)

(Nero)

(Vespasian)

Whats the store?

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Saruman did nothing wrong

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Nessus posted:

Why was it 25 for army and 26 for navy?

Cause navy is chiller? you even get to sit down when rowing

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

So I just watched the HBO show Rome, and I was wondering if there was anything else like it out there, either in book or show form? I did see Spartacus and didn't care much for it, except the prequel season which was decent. Plebs was fun as hell too, but I had to DEFINITELY LEGALLY download it since it's not streamable anywhere outside the UK. I've always had a thing for republican/early imperial Rome so any books/shows/the like y'all could recommend would be awesome.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

A few pages back i asked for popular culture stuff about Rome, and I've been working my way slowly through Masters of Rome for a bit now, having tons of fun.
But, i gotta plug my boys David Drake and Eric Flint writing the funniest alternate history military sci fi set in Byzantine Rome. i brought my physical copies of the Belisarius books in my bags, and honestly enjoy them a lot. i think the ebooks are free, now, too. Pulpy, but surprisingly well researched in some aspects (or seems so, to me, the uneducated)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

:hellyeah:

Did your podcast have any interesting bits about his death, Zopotantor? When writing my tl;dr there I realized I did not actually know how Akhenaten died, and then when I Googled to edify myself I discovered that's because nobody knows how Akhenaten died! :buddy: But, I did notice Egypt was being assailed by plagues right around that time, apparently, and it could have been my imagination running with me but "punishing people with plagues" has always been a thing people associate with pissed off Gods. It was a man named Horemheb that is credited with a lot of the restoration of traditional religion while Tutankhamen was king, but it seems like everyone official was pretty unified in the effort. If the country was being smote by plagues, and everyone was positive it was because they had been forced to worship the wrong God for the last twenty years, that probably accounts for a lot of the intensity and dedication behind the Atenism damnatio. Leaving up all the monuments to Aten wasn't just conceptually incorrect and blasphemous, it was also actively blighting them, just look around at this!!!

edit:

oh yeah. a pandemic? the Gods were pissed.

wait :(

Checkmate, Atenists