Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Rick Moranis is basically awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Terminal Entropy posted:

Bruce is a junkie, and like other junkies, he has alienated friends and family who don't want to be around the self-destruction. It isn't a purely movie thing at all that people walk out of lives like that.

I know it's a tangent, but Batman makes a lot of sense as just Bruce Wayne's adrenaline junkie persona.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

:spergin:
This might be the reason why dwarfs use axes anyway
:spergin:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's weird that they picked the one unrealistic thing from Slaughterhouse 5 to cling to. :v:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Not a viking posted:

Subtle being quite an understatement specially since some of the details weren't even possible to notice until the HD version was released.

That's Kubrick for you.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

He was unhappy with the real one so he filmed a better version

But he couldn't even get Armstrong to say "a man".

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Centripetal Horse posted:

It makes me unreasonably sad that this now has to specified. loving hell, Hollywood, can you please stop mining the past and making GBS threads on our memories with terrible reworkings of ancient movies and TV shows? I am pretty sure neither Tron nor Starsky and Hutch needed "rebooting."

I like the moment in Robocop 2014 when Gary Oldman shows Murphy how much of him is human. It's nice and chilling, but sadly belongs in a far better movie.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It also looks like a black Optimus Prime. Coincidence?!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I love this forum.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I rather liked the Nightmare remake.

Well, I liked Jackie Earle Haley and the microsleep thing.

Parts of the mise en scene were alright.

Although the effects were far from special.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

SpaceCommie posted:

This city is afraid of me...I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!" ... and I'll look down and whisper "Save you?!"

:colbert:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

"It's true, Sir. This man has no dick."

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Coffee And Pie posted:

I just realized that name of the album by Autobahn (the nihilist's band, and a parody of Kraftwerk) is called Nagelbett, which translates into nail bed.

The second time you see Jackie Treehorn's thugs, they have switched clothes with each other.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Henchman of Santa posted:

The Big Lebowski is full of little things. It took me a while to catch all the points where The Dude repeats something he heard in the background (e.g. "This aggression will not stand, man!).

When he says something that isn't repeated, it's really lame. "Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Don't come here with your realism in my testosterone power fantasy. :colbert:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

DrBouvenstein posted:

Something I've always wondered about in Peter Pan and Hook is why Peter is (seemingly) the only person who can fly on happy thoughts alone.

Everyone else requires happy thoughts AND fairy dust.

Fairy dust is actually cocaine.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The MSJ posted:

...in a movie where humans are hunting down and killing Transformers to melt their bodies down for raw material.

Wait, what? Is that what's going on in that movie? Hell, I might have to watch that now; sounds badass.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

You know what, Age of Extinction was pretty dope.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Just get Joanna Lumley on board. It'll be great.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

What's your problem with the word "about"?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Just watch yourself buddy because you're going aboot the right way for another 1812, OK pal?

I'm not your pal, friend.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

They all laughed at me in Film School! But I will be the one laughing now!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

What about The Wedding Singer?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I like that it was called Starkiller, which was Luke's last name in George's first draft.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

At least Skywalker makes thematic sense for a badass pilot.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

He bomb-jumps, clearly.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I liked having an antagonist who is driven by his emotions. It shows us that the Dark Side is, ultimately, petty.

E: Kind of a snype? I don't know. I just wanted to talk about the Star War.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

You're wrong, and furthermore

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Napoleon?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

John Big Booty posted:

Leslie Nielson carried, practically at all times, a fart noise maker.

https://youtu.be/NwG43YBik4s

Both of these men are now dead.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

MisterBibs posted:

I don't know if it counts as subtle, but its a minor not-plot related thing in Primer:

Before all the time-travel chicanery that goes on, three guys are discussing the technical issues behind a product, or something. I love the scene because (movie or not) I love listening to two people, intelligent in their field, discussing a problem or something in a high-level way. The kind of stuff they kept cutting away from in Mythbusters, and for some reason I really love that scene in the movie.

It's also a good indicator why they're usually cut out: because they're dull as poo poo if you don't understand what's going on.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

And boy does it!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

10 Beers posted:

When the first season of Netflix's Daredevil was out, there was piece of trivia on IMDB that said "Daredevil is blind."

It's since been removed.

That's horrible!

How will we know how many people found it interesting?!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Yes. For a while, Matt Murdock could legally say that he wasn't Daredevil.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Daredevil is based on Homer's life, except he's not Greek, and he's a lawyer, and he's blind with superpowers. Otherwise, spot on.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Another subtle Hot Fuzz related moment: The villains are the Neighbor's Watch Association, or the NWA. That's also the name of a hip hop group who released a song called "gently caress Da Police".

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I thought it was just a reference to Guy Ritchie being married to Madonna at the time.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I still have a lot of weird love for The Wedding Singer.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

FLINT LOCK WOOD!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Disgusting Coward posted:

Anyone intimidated by the length of a forum thread is a bitch and should not be catered to. Give me their names so that I can snap a towel at them and make hurtful remarks about their mothers.

I'm that guy. I get upset about thread length sometimes. So come at me.

I don't think you have the courage!