Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
He chose not to gently caress over Bubbles. That makes him a hero in my book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
How frequent are Hot Fuzz derails in this thread?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Subtle movie moment:
Jonah Hill actually isn't skinny. You just think he is because he used to be fat.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Krispy Wafer posted:

But yeah, Murdock was retiring with a full pension from the cop job he first got when he was 17 years old.

Who?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

There should have been a scene where Deckard dreams about a guy with his dick out.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Baron von Eevl posted:

Fun fact about that movie, it isn't pronounced like the English word for one who stalks (rhymes with "rocker"), the L is pronounced so it's more like "stall-kur."

In Russian, sure. In English Stalker is still pronounced like the English word "stalker". Duh.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

They also made a hash out of Finn's attempts to confess his love for Rey and instead invented a lady ex-Stormtrooper love interest for him Because He's Totally Not Gay But Also Not An Incel

I read somewhere that Finn was actually trying to confess that he's also Force sensitive. So they cut that out, fine, whatever. But why did they choose the keep the multiple setups to a payoff that would never come? loving dumb.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Chas McGill posted:

She's way too good for that movie. I wish they'd remake Ghost in the Shell with her as the Major now.

You know how a lot of people had a problem with Scarlett Johansson playing Major Kusanagi? It wasn't because of her acting.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

GoldStandardConure posted:

Ash, Bishop, Call, David, Walter

D is the fourth letter of the alphabet, W is the fourth last. Walter is David's mirror image. I think it works.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Krankenstyle posted:

tbf Lance and Brad are kind of similar actors

theyve both played meathead jocks, theyve both played bookish nerds, and theyve both played just a guy you wanna hang out with

Wow, they're both actors who have played different characters. How incredible.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

BiggerBoat posted:

Can I post the opposite of subtle?

No.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Android Apocalypse posted:

Ehhhh, Infernal Affairs/The Departed have gangsters infiltrating the police & vice versa, while Hard Boiled just have one cop going undercover with the gang.

But it's the same actor as the undercover cop, so that's pretty cool.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Inzombiac posted:

That's a movie I always forget is really long until the cloak scene.

Two hours is "really long". Kids these days smh

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

oldpainless posted:

In Hot Fuzz when one of the other cops tells Angel London tried to call him, he seems a little confused and says it strangely and I like to think it’s because they’re so provincial that he is unfamiliar with the city of London.

Reminds me of the little moment in Spaced where Mike (Tim's best friend) finds a note addressed to Tim and reads out "Tim??" in a way that suggests that he has no idea what it means.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

MichiganCubbie posted:

I really liked that. We're basically seeing the movie from Audie McDowell's perspective from one of the last loops in Groundhog Day.

You mean Audie Murphy?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

World War Mammories posted:

if science hasn't yet performed a comprehensive comparative survey of twin genitalia then what's the loving point

One of my friends is a twin and his penis looks nothing like his sister's vagina.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Mauser posted:

is the howie scream the sound effect they use for the TIE fighters' engines?

If only.

https://youtu.be/XkHdgMOuuBs

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
It's probably one of his more obscure early films. Like The Perfect Score, Fierce People, London etc.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Dikkfor posted:

Yeah, Viggo Mortenson is about as old as Ian McKellen was when they were filming Lord of the Rings.

I'm not getting much of a "wow" out of this fact. Those movies were made 20 years ago.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Krispy Wafer posted:

Fun fact, Alfred Molina used to have the most Lego figurines. The guy from Indiana Jones, Doc Ock, and a Prince of Persia role that no one saw. But now they count voice over actors so it's someone who did like 8 different Clone Wars characters.

gently caress that. Voice actors don't count.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Elmore Leonard did not write Logan.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

credburn posted:

Hey we're all around the same age. Was Patricia Heaton part of anyone else's sexual awakening?

Nah, man. That's like wanting to gently caress your own mom.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

poonchasta posted:

I had no problem telling Matt and Leo apart in The Departed. In the original film, Infernal Affairs, I couldn't tell anyone apart! And I'm half Chinese!

The other half is racist.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

There was some other movie he did where he's some dude with horrible luck and he teams up with Danny glover? I think, to find this guys daughter that got lost in a plane crash. It was also good but holy poo poo I'm blanking on the name.

Pure Luck. He gets stung by a bee and turns into Fat Bastard.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Dogs bark at evil robots. Arnold is a good robot in T2.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Aphrodite posted:

Vincent is a pistol guy, the MAC-10 belongs to Marsellus. He presumably left it there because it has a big old suppressor on it and wouldn't really be hideable when he went to get breakfast.

Marsellus is a "pistol guy" as well. Keep watching after Butch hits him with the car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

BiggerBoat posted:

I never knew it was a send up of the James Bond Goldfinger song.

Why not?