Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
kickstarter, the web site where innovative entrepreneurs beg the internet for the money they couldn't get from seasoned investors who know what they're doing. where the reward for investing in the next hot startup is a t-shirt and a shout out on the company's twitter feed. where niche audiences desperate for attention will rapidly fund any and all available "my little pony" documentaries.

* the Wingz Hybrid Keyboard from the android thread.

rival designs by Deuterieux and jwoven:

* is it a macbook? is it an iphone? ... it's bookphoneiXtender

they basically admit on the page that it's just going to be a bluetooth keyboard and a screen connected using video-out but they also patented it and expect it to eventually be as commonplace as laptops. somehow they believe there is simultaneously a huge unmet demand for these products and that apple itself couldn't just grind their company into a fine paste with an competing product if that demand ever materialized.

* if the bass from your beats by dre headphones still isn't dope enough you probably will want to carry around this thing, the Vampeo Portable Headphone Amplifier. did i mention it's totally portable?

* Emacsy: plz pay me $5000 to re-write the shittiest open sores text editor as an embeddable library that will also be open source but not based on the original code. i am currently a CS PhD student and this may or may not be a clever way for me to make money off a dumb phD thesis i'm already working on anyway.

* Project 13: plz pay me $390,000 to finish making a 15 minute ~anime music video~ (not posting screenshots cuz i don't want to be banned)

* can obama energy drink/political statement. watch the video for some fat college republicans who stress that they have nothing against obama as a person, they just disagree with his politics; they then have a laugh explaining how the contents of their energy drink were specifically chosen as a set up for a very lame birther joke

* ron paul liberty coin. ron paul jokes are old but i still thought this was amusing:

* saved the best for last. this guy:

mostly designs leather corsets for a living, but he thinks that with $500 he can make a steam-powered prosthetic arm for his disabled friend. his inspiration is the anime full metal alchemist. it will be made of brass and probably far too heavy for a guy with a gimpy arm to use comfortably, and in the video he admits he has no idea how to make the fingers work. but in the hallowed tradition of steampunk-based internet projects, he sure has a few promising sketches!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

boiler explodes and scalds his friend's remaining arm

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

then he gets two steam arms! score!

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho
fingers are crazy

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
"it's george costanza" ?>
i have a portable headphone amp

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

if it ain't steam its shite

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

ahhh spiders posted:

i have a portable headphone amp

you better tell that dude someone stole his cool idea!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
lollin at that last dude

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
someone gave ron paul coin a dollar

hahahahahahah

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

graph posted:

lollin at that last dude

lollin at people entrusting that last dude with actual currency

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

someone should make a kickstarter to gas this thread

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
PLEDGE $200 OR MORE
0 BACKERS • Limited Reward (5 of 5 remaining)
A custom built Steampunk "Steampowered arm" (Available within 2 months after project completion)

lol im dying

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
arns

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

a wearable robotic arm, powered by steam

how hard can it be?

i figure roundabout $500 ought to do it

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
having a disability is tough when people stare and treat you like some sort of freak; all that will change once he can proudly walk down the street donning a victorian-era brass arm that regularly ejects streams of scalding hot water vapor

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
the ron paul thing is funny because the feds have a special place in their hearts for people involved in the liberty dollar thing

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

text editor posted:

the ron paul thing is funny because the feds have a special place in their hearts for people involved in the liberty dollar thing

and by hearts i mean prisons

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I like kickstarter because it means we have something to say other than "I'll create the wiki". Thats all I can think of it being useful for

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

quote:

can't stop laughing

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

i'll attempt to add a small gnu but no promises

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i am very tempted to throw money at the steampunk kickstarter just so i can watch it fail. i've spent more money on less entertaining things

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!
I think no money is transferred unless the kickstarter reaches its goal

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Coffee Jones posted:

I think no money is transferred unless the kickstarter reaches its goal

yep though i almost accidentally funded a project ironically by missing a decimal point

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
Every portable headphone amp looks like that except you won't see beats plugged into it.

Fiio E17 is a better choice for a portable amp/dac with 24bit than that thing though.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

pls add a small gnu to my large gnu logo

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!
still don't know what the Vampeo V1 project is offering beyond what's already commercially available

unless it's a vanity project :v:

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”

Coffee Jones posted:

still don't know what the Vampeo V1 project is offering beyond what's already commercially available

unless it's a vanity project :v:

someone just wants to cash in on audiophiles and isn't near a beach

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

got dat wmd posted:

Every portable headphone amp looks like that except you won't see beats plugged into it.

Fiio E17 is a better choice for a portable amp/dac with 24bit than that thing though.

personally i can't see carrying anything like that around with me anyway but for the record the kickstarter one is about twice as thick and nearly twice as heavy as the Fiio E17 according to its own specs

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

gnu addition, attempt #1

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Nevergirls posted:

gnu addition, attempt #1

gnu edition "kde girl"

pram
Jun 10, 2001
steam creams

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007
beats are likely the worst thing to happen to any industry ever

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

brb, kickstarting diablo 3 and wow branded defibrillators

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Bitcoin Billionaire posted:

what's worse is the me toos

streets by 50 cent

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
sheets, feat: your posting

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
eats by biggie smalls

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Silver Alicorn posted:

what's worse is the me toos

streets by 50 cent

soul by ludacris

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
lol glenn big baby davis has his own headphone line ffs

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

Bitcoin Billionaire posted:

Logical extension of monster cables

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
holy poo poo i didnt realize Beats™ were from monster cable lmao :aaa:

• Locked thread