Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

BexGu posted:

Oh man if they are not region locked you can buy a bunch of keys at $14 and easily sell some on SA MART for $20 to $25 each.

What kind of black hat mastermind thinks this small anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Hack the codes to make them explode when the cops are chasing you.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Kresher posted:

That means :effort: and messing with Paypal :bang:

Do it anyway because money.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

So how many of your Goons have played the Watch_Dogs_Live game? The one that had the ATM spewing out cash, the drop of the Sea Can full of free stuff and such? Turns out that by playing there was a draw for stuff as well, and I won a trip next week for the launch party in Toronto on May 21. The affidavit I signed and scanned to the promotions company in Montreal didn't have a NDC or anything, so I was thinking of doing a trip report and take picture and everything. Well, except for the side trip to local strip clubs but you get idea. Anyone interested?

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Lars Blitzer posted:

So how many of your Goons have played the Watch_Dogs_Live game? The one that had the ATM spewing out cash, the drop of the Sea Can full of free stuff and such? Turns out that by playing there was a draw for stuff as well, and I won a trip next week for the launch party in Toronto on May 21. The affidavit I signed and scanned to the promotions company in Montreal didn't have a NDC or anything, so I was thinking of doing a trip report and take picture and everything. Well, except for the side trip to local strip clubs but you get idea. Anyone interested?

Post what you can, sounds like a fun trip! Don't break your NDA though, it hurts the developers' feelings :)

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

Will do. I'll make sure to ask at least, and I'm sure there will be something outlining what I can or can't write about, take pictures of, etc. It's at a nightclub (The Uniun at 473 Adelaide St W) so I'm sure I can at least show the facilities.

Oh and is that chart for all the different editions of the game for real? 8 "special" editions aside from the season pass? That's insane. Not like BioWare-type insane, but still.

\/\/\/Yeah, but for some AAA games there have been different bonus unlock codes handed out for preorders and such at different stores (Target vs. EB Games vs. GameStop vs. WalMart back when that used to mean something); this sounds like an extension of that thinking.

Lars Blitzer fucked around with this message at 03:18 on May 15, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lars Blitzer posted:

Will do. I'll make sure to ask at least, and I'm sure there will be something outlining what I can or can't write about, take pictures of, etc. It's at a nightclub (The Uniun at 473 Adelaide St W) so I'm sure I can at least show the facilities.

Oh and is that chart for all the different editions of the game for real? 8 "special" editions aside from the season pass? That's insane. Not like BioWare-type insane, but still.

Yes, but the reason is because various editions are exclusive to various European retailers.

So it's not like you can go to UK Bestbuy and see 8 versions on the shelf. They have 1, another place has 1, etc.

I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~
I'm so loving angry this thread isn't just a link to a video feed of puppies playing with each other.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

RotationSurgeon posted:

I'm so loving angry this thread isn't just a link to a video feed of puppies playing with each other.

Well FINE:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/apl-puppies
http://www.sugarscape.com/tags/dogs/731314/live-video-stream-cutest-puppies-world

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Speedball posted:

Heh, for the poker minigame you can cheat with security cameras. Lovely.

Good. I always lost at the AC4 mini-games. And I'm bad at poker. Let me cheat!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

Good. I always lost at the AC4 mini-games. And I'm bad at poker. Let me cheat!

I wonder if that means Aiden can check out chess moves on his phone. Mua-ha-ha.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Speedball posted:

I wonder if that means Aiden can check out chess moves on his phone. Mua-ha-ha.

If you preorder the deluxe edition, you get an in-game phone app that gives you a direct connection to Deep Blue.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

1stGear posted:

If you preorder the deluxe edition, you get an in-game phone app that gives you a direct connection to Deep Blue.

And when you preorder the Gold edition the app leads you on a quest to realization that you are Deep Blue in a dream to where you just terrorize humans with your technological superiority.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Live action advertisement for Watch Dogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hpU_Neg1KA

Cute idea...

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Holy cow, the OP for this game is two years old and hasn't been touched in just as long. Could we maybe get an OP that has useful information, such as a release date? I mean I googled it but others may want to know something other than "gently caress. LOOKIT DESE TRAILERS HOLYSHIT", which is basically the entire OP for this thread. :(

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Someone was streaming from the PS4 version of the game yesterday. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=820084

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ymgve posted:

Someone was streaming from the PS4 version of the game yesterday. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=820084

The game is looking really great. I don't know why people are worried about the graphics. The art style is excellent.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

coyo7e posted:

Holy cow, the OP for this game is two years old and hasn't been touched in just as long. Could we maybe get an OP that has useful information, such as a release date? I mean I googled it but others may want to know something other than "gently caress. LOOKIT DESE TRAILERS HOLYSHIT", which is basically the entire OP for this thread. :(

Goddamn, I totally forgot this thread was from 2012. Yeesh the OP really does need an update. I think we'll need to make a new thread to do that though, as the OP hasn't posted on the forums since February.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Well, I just preordered this on PC, hoping that my i5 can run it fine, at least as well as AssCreed 4, which ran great on my system.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"

limaCAT posted:

Live action advertisement for Watch Dogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hpU_Neg1KA

Cute idea...

Even though it was all staged, I loved it. Great marketing video.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

ShootaBoy posted:

Goddamn, I totally forgot this thread was from 2012. Yeesh the OP really does need an update. I think we'll need to make a new thread to do that though, as the OP hasn't posted on the forums since February.
May I humbly submit a suggestion for the thread title? Watch Dogs: Featuring Aiden Pierce's Iconic Cap

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Watch_Dogs: Assassin's Creed 5: Black Hat

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

coyo7e posted:

May I humbly submit a suggestion for the thread title? Watch Dogs: Featuring Aiden Pierce's Iconic Cap

Please. Please this. Either this or something about the STEALTH SCARF. If you have any kind of humanity.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

coyo7e posted:

May I humbly submit a suggestion for the thread title? Watch Dogs: Featuring Aiden Pierce's STEALTH SCARF
Fixed it.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Probably should wait a leeetle bit closer to launch, just so we don't have 10 pages of people talking about how much they want the game before we actually get to people owning the game.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

1stGear posted:

Probably should wait a leeetle bit closer to launch, just so we don't have 10 pages of people talking about how much they want the game before we actually get to people owning the game.
Unfortunately this thread's OP ain't going to get anyone interested, and nobody's going to read through the thread to figure out what they want to know about the game. :(

CJacobs posted:

Please. Please this. Either this or something about the STEALTH SCARF. If you have any kind of humanity.
I can't wait until some dumbass kid gets frisked by the cops for walking around in his Iconic Cap and Stealth Scarf, with a black trenchcoat. Or maybe even this monstrosity.

In actual game-related crap I went to gamestop and traded in three old games, and got 40 bucks for them because they're giving 40% extra for any trade-ins toward the game. I don't really like their preorder bonuses but the price was right!

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 20:31 on May 16, 2014

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Watch_Dogs: Assassin's Creed 5: Black Hat

I'm casting my vote

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Yeah, that's actually a pretty good title for it. (Speaking of which I'm surprised Ubisoft hasn't said anything about that, at the breathless rate they've been putting out AC games you'd think they'd have mentioned that, not Brayko From Alpha Protocol: The Game)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I'm casting my vote

I'm casting 5 votes for it (with hacking).

Reive
May 21, 2009

ymgve posted:

I keep telling myself never to read GAF yet whenever someone links to a thread I get a peak at so much idiocy that I can't stop.
Game's looking good though!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

I said come in! posted:

The game is looking really great. I don't know why people are worried about the graphics. The art style is excellent.

Well, they're PC gamers (master race). It's their go-to when it looks like people are having too much fun.

The spectre of Not Enough Peas hangs heavy upon us all.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Reive posted:

I keep telling myself never to read GAF yet whenever someone links to a thread I get a peak at so much idiocy that I can't stop.
Game's looking good though!

The light(n)ing looks so bad/good/great/awful though! I've never been to GAF, and don't think I'll return.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Mr E posted:

The light(n)ing looks so bad/good/great/awful though! I've never been to GAF, and don't think I'll return.

The forum can be summed up into two threads. There's "Do you think..." followed by dozens of pages of "yes" and "no", and the one where someone states a controversial opinion as fact, and everyone rushes in to disagree with them.

The rest of the posts are just complimenting the first reply for being so witty and insightful.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

coyo7e posted:

Unfortunately this thread's OP ain't going to get anyone interested, and nobody's going to read through the thread to figure out what they want to know about the game. :(

I can't wait until some dumbass kid gets frisked by the cops for walking around in his Iconic Cap and Stealth Scarf, with a black trenchcoat. Or maybe even this monstrosity.

In actual game-related crap I went to gamestop and traded in three old games, and got 40 bucks for them because they're giving 40% extra for any trade-ins toward the game. I don't really like their preorder bonuses but the price was right!

Holy poo poo, you can get Chris Jericho's light-up leather jacket!? http://www.jjacket.com/products/Chris-Jericho-Light-Up-Leather-Jacket.html

Man, I thought I wanted to save my money...

\/\/Sold!\/\/

Lars Blitzer fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 17, 2014

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Lars Blitzer posted:

Holy poo poo, you can get Chris Jericho's light-up leather jacket!? http://www.jjacket.com/products/Chris-Jericho-Light-Up-Leather-Jacket.html

Man, I thought I wanted to save my money...
More like Rob Halpert..

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Alright, I'll get to work on a new thread. Expect it to be up later tonight.

edit: or maybe tomorrow.

edit:edit: New thread is up!

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 05:58 on May 17, 2014

Frkzd
Jun 9, 2014
I derped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threedestinos
Jun 20, 2014

There is clearly something wrong here.
I can't seem to put my opposable thumb on it....

Boing posted:

Unlike other video game movies, I can see this working. It's an almost-modern setting which should translate well to the screen, and hits some really relevant themes while being aesthetically cool enough to appeal to a wide crowd. Will be interesting to see if it pans out.

For sure! In the first 20 minutes of me playing the game I stole some stuff, hacked some stuff, went on a car chase and unsuccessfully tried to save a man from getting stabbed to death. That poor guy is probably still laying in that digital spot now... I live/learn.

I'd say I enjoy the ride video games take me on more than current 'hit' movies so someone needs to figure out the formula and Watch Dogs might just be 'the key'.

• Locked thread