Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

abigserve posted:

If I had to make a guess I'd say that entire gameplay trailer was pre-rendered in the vein of the original Killzone 2 trailer. So it's pre-rendered to specifically look like gameplay.

Ahahah you are not serious right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

A shrubbery! posted:

It seems like it'll be set-pieces with a few different ways to complete each set-piece. There's no way it'll be free-roaming with some of the fancy stuff you can do, surely.

I have a friend who was a playtester on watch dogs and he said:

"It looks way better now than it did when I played it, I only got to play the first few levels...it's like GTA, but more techy. "

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Some of you are trying hard to find faults in this.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Like I said last page I have a friend who play tested the thing and he said it plays like a futuristic GTA. So set your expectations with that in mind.

The missions in GTA are completely linear as well but you can still walk around and do sandbox "rear end in a top hat simulator" which is where the real fun is.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
So talking more to the play tester friend:

-The car crash was NOT scripted

-There are multiple ways to do objectives. (In an interview yesterday ubi said you could have ambushed the guy at the car park instead of causing the car crash and many more ways)

-Your guy gains new abilities as the game goes on

-You can be an rear end in a top hat walking around hacking stuff causing mayhem for poor npc's

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Yea that has Molyneux levels of bullshit written all over it.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
I am going to spend hours just walking around and checking peoples income levels.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
I hope they have hundreds and hundreds of different NPC backstories. I would hate it if I come across multiple "pro life tobacco executives" in the same area.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Oh gently caress YES! :snoop:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Uncharted 2 is the best writing I have seen in a game in the past couple years. I loved the characters in it. It was way better than the lovely Indiana Jones 4 movie.

The last of us also looks amazing in that regard. I want to play it because I want to see what happens to those characters. It is one of the rare times I want to play a game to find out what happens in the story.

Basically what I am trying to say is Naughty Dog is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Yea I am fine with the delay if it means we will get a much more polished game at the end.

• Locked thread