Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaiter
Dec 16, 2007

Everything is AWESOME!

Jerusalem posted:

This game seriously caught my attention after initial skepticism in the gameplay video. I so hope they pull off a game with multiple solutions to scenarios, the idea of being free to affect various different things to get the result I want would be great. So long as I'm not railroaded into a single solution to get from cutscene to cutscene, this looks like a game to watch.

I am oddly okay with being railroaded if it's as well crafted as this trailer looked. Freedom would be better, but I'd have no problem with a super streamlined single player experience like L.A. Noire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaiter
Dec 16, 2007

Everything is AWESOME!

TG-Chrono posted:

This thread is relevant to my interests.

Hoping that the gunplay and whatnot takes a back seat to hacking goodness. Especially happy that this has decided to seem near present day in setting. Keen for some more information like platforms and a possible release window.

Every game always makes the future crazy insane techno alien, even when it's supposed to be the "near future". I don't get why. Are they trying to tell us "oh look how fast things change with technology"? Dude, I can watch a movie from 60 years ago and it still feels coherent despite the gap. Culture and civilization doesn't change that fast.

Deus Ex did it loving perfect. It felt like... today. We didn't have time to rebuild loving everything in 50 years. There's a existing structures everywhere and only in richer neighborhoods did you notice "modern" architecture that seems very heavily influenced by the architecture of today... you know, the same design that most buildings in the game. Like if I were a Future Interior Decorator, I'd probably decorate in a way that doesn't blatently loving clash with a majority of existing design. So the futuristic segments really felt believable. This is apparently really hard to do.

I got the exact same vibe from this trailer. The transition into the gallery was absolutely chilling for me. Everything looked pretty modern, but you could look at the room and it still looked like a regular late 20th century room. It'd just been remodeled and well designed with all of the latest techno art poo poo of the age. It felt like it was a place that could reasonably exist in the near future.

• Locked thread