Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A shrubbery!
Jan 16, 2009
I LOOK DOWN ON MY REAL LIFE FRIENDS BECAUSE OF THEIR VIDEO GAME PURCHASING DECISIONS.

I'M THAT MUCH OF AN INSUFFERABLE SPERGLORD

Fearian posted:

It was played at e3 with this controller:

Looks like a Wii-U controller? Thumbsticks above the D-pad and face buttons, narrow shoulder bumpers and looks like the mini-USB port in the top. Probably doesn't mean anything though.

A shrubbery! fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jun 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A shrubbery!
Jan 16, 2009
I LOOK DOWN ON MY REAL LIFE FRIENDS BECAUSE OF THEIR VIDEO GAME PURCHASING DECISIONS.

VarXX posted:

Don't know why you guys are assuming this is going to be some on rails thing. There was a Control Train option in the menus. Clearly this game is off the rails

It seems like it'll be set-pieces with a few different ways to complete each set-piece. There's no way it'll be free-roaming with some of the fancy stuff you can do, surely.

A shrubbery!
Jan 16, 2009

Plavski posted:

I get the vibe like it's a modern Assassin's creed in gameplay - open world (to a point), freedom to take down your targets (to a point), multiple gadgets that interact with the world (to a point).

Speculation postAs if anything other than "this is a game" is more than just speculation after a 5-minute scripted gameplay sequence

This is how I think it'll be. If people want to compare it to a Rockstar game, it shouldn't be GTA, it should be LA Noire. Technically open world, but the vast majority will be "featureless city block" with a traffic light and a collectible dude with cell phone you can hack/tap for info. There will be a degree of freedom in how you meet objectives, but they will all boil down to "go to point X/Y/Z and press X/Y/LTrigger/RTrigger to use Phone Hack/Traffic Light/Gun/Comms Jammer" in sequence.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing because this game looks loving intense, but that's definitely what the trailer implies, whether it's the case or not.

A shrubbery! fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jun 6, 2012

• Locked thread