Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Crappy Jack posted:

I noticed that too. Hopefully it's just something like if the car arrives unscathed, the guy stays in the car and sends his guards in after you, but that was one of those things that worried me because it's just too slick to be organically done. Unless there are tons of opportunities to violently pull people out of their cars through the windows and it somehow segued smoothly into the execution cutscene.

If I had to make a guess I'd say that entire gameplay trailer was pre-rendered in the vein of the original Killzone 2 trailer. So it's pre-rendered to specifically look like gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Count Uvula posted:

It looks like it's actually in-engine; the rain effects are the only thing that look uncommonly good, but it is a PC demo they're showing off. It's obviously more like Prey where there will be an opening segment with a ridiculous amount of superfluous detail that the rest of the game doesn't have :colbert:

This is possible as well. I guess it depeneds what kind of game it is, when I first saw that trailer I thought "open world" then immediately realized that it looks way too good for an open-world style game, however if it's mostly linear I could see it being legit.

• Locked thread