Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
Joystiq is saying Ubisoft has put up platform listings for Watch Dogs: PC, PS3 and 360

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Kevyn posted:

I actually thought that thing about the 2003 blackout being caused by a disgruntled hacker employee was true and I somehow never heard about it. But it's fiction. I feel silly.

It's hard to believe Overgrown Trees could cause so much damage

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
This is the Razer controller http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.245543000

Don't know why you guys are assuming this is going to be some on rails thing. There was a Control Train option in the menus. Clearly this game is off the rails

VarXX fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jun 5, 2012

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
Cutting edge tech of multiple scripted outcomes

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
I don't think the Personal Information is just flavor text and might actually be variables that are given to decide what random events can happen in the sandbox. The woman in the demo for example was in a custody battle and runs into someone who has a restraining order, maybe the game sees these two and if they come within the vacinity of each other it has a chance to trigger an appropriate event. This is all just speculation based on what little footage we have but that's my take on it.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
I got the impression they were trying to insinuate that there would be less unique encounters in the Xbox 360/PS3 versions compared to the PC/720/PS4 versions.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Riso posted:

You still have to use Uplay though..

Could be worse. Could be Origin or Games for Windows

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

KoB posted:

Didnt Uplay have that backdoor for hackers in it for weeks?

At least EA games dont need Origin when bought on Steam, Uplay is just another bullshit layer.

That was Origin, and Origin games on steam don't need origin because Origin game's aren't sold on Steam.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
Watch Dogs: There aren't actually any dogs

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
It's still up here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPUO9b3RofY

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Chaltab posted:

Have we seen any actual current gen footage of the game? Or even screens? I rather doubt I'm going to own a PS4 any time soon, but I don't want to get the game on PS3 and it turns out to be ugly as hell and run like crap because it's doing too much for This Gen to handle.

This is from a few pages ago but yes and the textures look terrible https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIK8Mm1-Jdg

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Crappy Jack posted:

Doesn't look like it from any of the stuff I've seen. We're not looking at a Saints Row style thing here, if they plan to have as much reactivity and ambient content as they say they do, it sounds like it'd be a nightmare to sync all that up between two co-op players running through the campaign together. You could always hand your smart phone over to your buddy on the couch and have him chase you with a helicopter, though.

They confirmed theres 8 player free roam. They just didn't show it off at any of the events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Doom Goon posted:

It was mentioned in that multiplayer article going around a few days ago. It does sound a bit hacky.

Well, that explains why they never showed it off

• Locked thread