Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Might just be that certain missions, once started, allow you to corner particularly interesting NPCs within their specific target area. Outside of those missions you will at best see a few proper sub-missions with generic/spawned mini-missions on the side (that will let you earn some sort of resource that lets you commit hacks and whatnot).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

mysterious frankie posted:

That's a neat idea. You could, for example, start a mission and find dirt on a security guard or office employee, etc, & blackmail them into getting you undetected into restricted areas, plant bugs for you, make themselves scarce for a period of time... man, that would be fun.

I can already tell I'm going to hate this game just because it won't compare to the crazy-rear end mess I'm making in my head.

Well if they are going to be focusing on a few extra-important NPCs it really won't be all that hard. And unless they want to make either an extremely convoluted or sadly lacking set of missions it's one of the better ways to go. At least in my opinion, but what do I know?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

webmeister posted:

I love that in a video designed to show off how great the graphics are, the "raindrop-hitting-ground" effect still only occurs within 15m or so of the camera :laugh:

First thing to come out as a mod for that will be a fix for that issue. And to also make it rain constantly to get that noir feeling going. At least, I can dream.

• Locked thread