Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

RadicalWall posted:

Because its a GTA sandbox thing. People want to shoot things and gently caress stuff up.

You have to have combat in your open world.

Couldn't you do that without actually shooting, though? Say, if you're in a police chase, instead of turning out the window and shooting at the cars, use your phone to mess with their internal navigation? Or overcharge the lights in that art exhibit so that when the bad guys run by they get a shower of shrapnel as the exhibit fails catastrophically? You could even say that he's modified his phone to have an alternate stun-gun option which uses the same battery as the hacking.

Some light shooting action might be alright, but it doesn't sound strictly necessary for the game to work, especially given the available "hacking" options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
Watch_Dogs. Watch Dogs Hack. Hack, Dogs, Hack.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

randombattle posted:

Well I think it's valid suggestion since every game should have a doughnut mode.

Whoa, BIG!

I'd rather go the other way. I'd make Aiden skinny and fey-ish looking, and try to deemphasize gunplay as much as possible. Maybe give all the bad guys those gun-ID ring things so I can jam them with a touch of the smartphone.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Boing posted:

Nothing particularly new there. They say there's 75 different hacks you can do but I imagine most of them will be really minor variations on others, since we haven't seen that many. Although the Watch Dogs facebook page occasionally teases with stuff like this:

Somebody tell me that's the primary weapon of the game, please! That sounds really interesting, from a gameplay perspective.

• Locked thread