Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.
That gameplay video has me really interested in the idea (and what they can do with it), but not if it ends up just being GTA with some hacking elements. There are so many cool directions they can go with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.
The more I think about this, the more I feel I need to see something 'different' to determine if I want to buy this or not. I can only imagine GTA with some tech elements, and I'd like them to prove me wrong. Its a neat concept, and a neat idea, it just didn't have that spark.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Well it looks like you are going to have to kill people, just not everyone.

Interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suj8Ukbl6zY

Details: single player, player character has been "hurt," he can hack into stuff (NO REALLY?!)

Okay possibly fighting other (player or comp) hackers where you're both controlling trains and turning traffic lights off and changing bridges and stuff is really cool.

I think it still needs a little more though, but I'm not sure what.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

Can I finally live out my dream of battling Angelina Jolie over what to watch on late night public access?

On every television in Chicago, yes.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

Emong posted:

It'll probably just be something like if you follow an NPC with the Plagiarist tag around for a while, they'll eventually pull out a laptop/go to a cybercafe and use a computer or something and you can grab the evidence from there.

Yeah, it sounds like certain tags might lead to little side missions.

Would be neat if you had to go to a cybercafe or use a computer to do bigger hacks, like shutting down sections of the power grid or something.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

Young Freud posted:

This is kinda what I'm hoping that the AR pop-ups will do. But, if everyone has it, how are you going to separate the wheat from the chaff? The guy whose HIV+ or had his loans denied might have equally exploitable missions as the plagiarist. I know that the "teaches krav maga" and "military experience" pop-ups can be used to denote threats.

Really, it seems like an almost impossible to achieve gameplay element, at least with current technology. I'll probably follow this, but they better have something that's playable than what everyone suspects is a pre-rendered tech demo.

They could probably change the background color (for the ones that lead to extra things) like the red they used for violence probability. I'm thinking of this like the pickpocketing stuff in AC2, except maybe you use your phone to do a hacking minigame on their PDA and download the info or something.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

56k posted:

Also, this game looks very Assassin's Creed 1 to me. Like, it will have the same 10 or so minigames that you play over and over and everyone that plays it will say how good the sequel will be when they expand upon it.

I'm betting this started as a concept for an Assassin's Creed game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

Sedisp posted:

The metaphysical twist is this is likely a sort of tech demo for an AC4 in the modern times.

I wondered if thats how this started out, as a concept for AC3 or something. The the hacking stuff was just too good to be lost under AC's mechanics.

• Locked thread