Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RadicalWall
May 31, 2005

I have no idea whats going on.
I'm going to call it as a next gen game and leave this post so that one day I may be validated or humiliated regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadicalWall
May 31, 2005

LGD posted:

Yeah the game looks nice but as someone who primarily plays games on a PC it is super weird to have people acting like this is some completely unprecedented level of graphical achievement that would take a ridiculously overbuilt dedicated machine to run smoothly, as opposed to most midrange gaming machines built in the last couple of years. It looks pretty much like what a modern AAA game taking advantage of more modern PC hardware should look like (though most don't, being ports or cross-platform titles).

Yeah, the problem is that people are assuming that the next gen consoles are somehow magically going to be better than the best gaming PCs that can be built today. While consoles have been stagnating, PCs have just about reached the limits of what we can do with the current technology.

And it would be a launch window game, so they're usually the low end of what the consoles might end up capable of.

RadicalWall
May 31, 2005

ilmouzer posted:

I liked the trailer, what I don't understand is why it had to have shooter elements involved.

Because its a GTA sandbox thing. People want to shoot things and gently caress stuff up.

You have to have combat in your open world.

• Locked thread