Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

black and white mountain by spanlith, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

Komojo posted:

Can you guess what this is?

I caught a big fly and decided to try taking pictures of it. After 3 hours of attempts, I managed to get this shot of its eye.

It's a bottle fly of some description.

like this one

Green Bottle Fly by Aves Lux, on Flickr

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

Nice shot, but seems a little skewed, you use your diving housing? I miss your undersea macro.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
yeah me too :smith: I moved away from the ocean so I was just loving around taking the dive housing in the springs, but the water level was too low for anything decent. I didn't have my fisheye with me so focus doesn't work too well for split shots and the water is flowing around the port in a way that makes it look less level aka its a garbage shot

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Did you try messing with LR's Transform panel?

(assuming you're using lightroom)

It might be able to warp things just enough to correct the tilt. Not gonna turn it into a portfolio shot but it's a nice trick to have in the bag.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Watch out for those chemtrails

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

So someone saw a photo where a ballet dancer was sitting on her toetips between cars. And that photo had to be replicated. I was there hanging out and took two "behind the scenes" photos. Other guy had flashes set up and triggers etc.

It was fun, and the hardest part was trying to avoid/get rid of the double carpets on top of the wet snow which protected the dancer's shoes.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

sensy v2.0
May 12, 2001

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Nature Boy Sunguts Green Shin by Doug Hardy, on Flickr

Lulu in Tokyo by Doug Hardy, on Flickr

Red 2 by Doug Hardy, on Flickr

Tokyo Sunrise Lulu by Doug Hardy, on Flickr]

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Evening Fog by Cacator, on Flickr

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Pinball at The Break-33 by Will King, on Flickr

Pinball at The Break-35 by Will King, on Flickr

Pinball at The Break-37 by Will King, on Flickr

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Citadel Mall-123 by Will King, on Flickr

Citadel Mall-124 by Will King, on Flickr

Citadel Mall-125 by Will King, on Flickr

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Citadel Mall-128 by Will King, on Flickr

Citadel Mall-129 by Will King, on Flickr

Citadel Mall-130 by Will King, on Flickr

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

this is cool

What is it?

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Near 1:1 macro of a new plastic getting blasted by an oxyacetylene torch. All the sponge looking stuff is the carbonaceous char formation that comes out of it. It's for materials testing.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Dang, I identified it as a loaf of ciabatta.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
Snapshot for the snapshot god. :black101:

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

i havent posted here in like...a decade.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

New Zealand?

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Pitt Street Bridge-28 by Will King, on Flickr

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Wafflecopper posted:

New Zealand?

Big Island of Hawaii

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

I’m tryna make at least one image every day for a year. So here, have a windmill.

-CHA
Jun 21, 2004

State-of-the-art
home video technology

Valley of fire by cha_reckoning, on Flickr

Sands by cha_reckoning, on Flickr

Ladybug by cha_reckoning, on Flickr

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Finally getting some goddamn sunlight around here...

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

the weather was nice yesterday. went to a park with my friend, insisted we buy some berries as well as ciders so i could maybe get an okay picture. lots of guys on boats and jetskis along the river.
i wanted to stick around for golden hour but the wind picked up and it was slightly too chilly though :(

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I spent a lot of money on a camera to show you this garbage. First time going out trying ~street photography~ and g*d darn do I have a lot to learn.

Underexposed. Missed focus? Boring? You bet!

DSCF0091 by Soluau _, on Flickr

DSCF0125 by Soluau _, on Flickr

DSCF0095 by Soluau _, on Flickr

DSCF0059 by Soluau _, on Flickr

DSCF0071 by Soluau _, on Flickr

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

President Beep posted:

Finally getting some goddamn sunlight around here...

you mother fucker

you god drat piece of poo poo

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

echinopsis posted:

you mother fucker

you god drat piece of poo poo

Echi, please, it’s been so cloudy and gray. Please.

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

President Beep posted:

Echi, please, it’s been so cloudy and gray. Please.

:chanpop:

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

This year's new students had a party with food & alcohol. So I photographed drunk people, and people drinking.

Whole set (~40 photos): https://hakkarainen.kuvat.fi/kuvat/2020/03-07+-+Fuksisitsit/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Grabbed a Lensbaby Trio for my Z6. It's a drat fun challenge to use it so far. The differences between the three lenses are... subtle, but I think I like the 'Twist' lens the best. Of course, I just got it today so all I've shot are my cats.