Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

For you Hong Kong natives, a question:

What sort of penalty would one face for possession of a firearm? I've known they're not common at all and criminals use knives and whatnot instead of putting bullets in folks, but I've never heard of what sort of punishment someone received for getting caught with a gun.

drat this game is fun as hell. I found out you can kinda goomba stomp dudes if you dive off a ledge and hit attack, so long as you're pointing in the general direction of a person. And the wall kick is god drat baller.

WEI SHEN MUFUCKAH, WHO YOU :madmax:

e:

Requesting Ghost Pig DLC:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

thehumandignity posted:

Maybe next Squaresoft will buy out the IP for Vampire: The Masquerade and un-shitcan that. Then Activision can have a second helping of all the poo poo.

Please, my heart.

It can't handle such excitement/disappointment.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Help us out Wei, they said. Go do some drug busts, they said.

Don't bitch about how I help. Wei Shen mufuckah, who you? :coal:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

The role of Wei Shen will now be played by Johnny Gat.

SAINTS ROW, BITCHES.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Oh no! Winston and his wife got massacred on their wedding day and now I am Winston :ohdear:

If you don't do Mrs. Chu's mission with the outfit that mission gets you maaaan it just isn't right.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I hope gibbed releases something that lets you customize the custom outfits. There's a way to do it on the 360, but it doesn't work on the PC :( Which is a drat shame cause holy poo poo the aviators combined with the part time assassin outfit is :c00l: as hell.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

catpowerd posted:

Johnny Gat is a punk bitch compared to Wei Shen. :colbert:

I don't see Wei burying chumps alive :colbert:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

There a list floating around on where to get the different firearms? I never encountered a silver .50 pistol, or a .45 pistol without the flashlight attachment.

I want my valueless achievement points :argh:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

The only Chinese place remotely near me doesn't have pork buns :( Are they something you could make at home?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I checked a few pages, but didn't see it. Sorry if it's been asked but in every mission, if I gently caress up just a little bit I lose out on the 3 Police XP shields? is there any way to like, recover Police XP in missions or do I have to start them again?

You'll have to start over if you want three shields. Or you could use one of the police bonus outfits when you use the surveillance gear in your apartment for a big boost. Later on you can get a 15% police XP boost outfit and it pays out huge when you do the surveillance game.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

SiKboy posted:

Triad XP is a pain in the bum on the other hand, I finished the game on level 9 and a half and am having real troubles getting that last half level.

Yeah I came up short on that one as well and wore the 15% triad outfit constantly. Replaying some earlier missions where I didn't score too hot helped, though. Namely the warehouse mission and Club Bam Bam. Lot of mans to beat on, lot of things to beat mans with. Plus hey, achievement for killing a man with a fish :haw:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

DEAR RICHARD posted:

I have about 5 missions left in the game and I just became a level 6 Triad. Replaying missions for 3 stars adds very little. I don't know how else to grind points.

To get more points, you have to beat your previously recorded score.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Cardboard Fox posted:

Is there an unlock that shows the hidden cases on your mini-map like the shrine one does? Early in the game they were easy to spot since they were always around an area with gang members, so I just looked for a red dot on the map, beat up the thugs, and grabbed the case. Now it seems the gang members respawn even if you've got the case.

You'll meet a girl in K-Bar later on that has that unlock :)

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I was replaying missions for a few guns I'm missing when my 360 locked up. Rebooted, continue game, and now I can't select any missions from the phone. And I gotta start at the start. All of my collectibles and whatnot are unlocked, but I still have to redo all the missions.

What the gently caress, game.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

thehumandignity posted:

It wasn't even "near" point-blank, they were both inside the same room.

A shotgun from inside a room will wreck your poo poo proper. The only thing that can kill Wei is Wei :black101:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Parkingtigers posted:

The Saboteur even had a button dedicated to making the protagonist light up a cigarette.

Been needing a game to tide me over until October, and here you are with this hot jam.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

The white bird won each time for me, despite the little win streak thing reading zero :iiam:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Doctor Doodler posted:

I have the face, 'everything just got better' and when I drink dragon kick, that double flying jump kick move reduces most enemies to about 1 bar of health.

Wait, hold up.

Enemies have health bars?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

There any way to customize an unlocked outfit on the PC? Part time killer needs some full time awesome sunglasses :argh:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Croccers posted:

Kneecapping people with the Tear-gas grenade launcher. :allears:
Or bashing heads in with a phone in the phonebooths :v: Here's your phonecall!

Phone call and court appointed chest compression! :black101:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

precision posted:

If you use guns you are playing this game wrong, period.

When not to use guns:

When to use guns:

:haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

raditts posted:

I hope I'm not the only one that always yells "It's FOR YOU!" every time they do the phone booth KO and he beats them with the receiver.

DID THEY ACCEPT THE CHARGES?

*bonk*

:haw:

• Locked thread