Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
This movie is bad. Not EP1 bad, but the kind of bad that sticks in the back of your throat and you keep trying to hock it out but it sticks in there, itching and burning.

I loved Alien. I loved the mystery, the surrealist soul that was the space jockey, the sexual overtones, the tension, the relatable characters that had personality and made you actually want them to survive their ordeal. I think if Alien hadn't had been so good, I'd be more charitable to Prometheus. The problem is that it was that good.

Prometheus has none of this. It bashes us in the head with bad ideas over and over again, it features characters that make you want to yell at the screen from their stupidity (which leads to their demise, of course), no character development, some of the worst pacing and unintentionally hilarious moments. Oh hey, you just did a forced cesarean, bashed up two crew members and left the little squiddy thing in the operating table? Here's a bathrobe and let's go walk and meet Sleeping Beauty. Oh, and by the way, let's go on a throwaway scene about her father.

All science is promptly thrown out the window in this movie, so if you have any sort of biology knowledge (like you did ok in high school biology), you'll probably groan at more than a few scenes. Especially when Noomi is walking around after cutting up her entire abdomen.

Forgive the comparison, but I'd honestly say even Avatar's writing, despite a complete and total terrible retread of so many other movies, was better written.

1 star out of 5.

Octopus Magic fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jun 15, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU