Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
/\/\ Wait really? You really think so? You actually listened to that and think it sounds good? Oh god they've finally conditioned us to like and accept terrible things as quality, it has finally worked...

cactuscarpet posted:

You don't know what you're talking about. I'm far from a Katy Perry fan but it annoys the hell out of me when people deny the obvious talent of outrageously popular singers. Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, Beyonce, Christina Aguilera, hell even Britney Spears; these are all very good singers. Just because you don´t like their stuff doesn´t mean they´re bad at what they do.

Did you watch the video they were referring to, or are you just getting angry as a matter of course? Because she really did sound like poo poo in that specific video. It's her raw voice before she's been auto-tuned, and...yeah, she's not as good of a singer as one would think. Maybe she's just not giving a poo poo because it's Simlish, but yeah...not a great sound.

EDIT: And I hate people who rag on pop stars for being pop stars as much as the next person, but this isn't just random 'katy perry is terrible because pop music!', this is an actual commentary on how she sounds in this video.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jun 17, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

EllisD posted:

Yes you are absolutely correct that she does not give a poo poo because it's Simlish. No one with a brain gives a poo poo either because she's singing in a nonsensical language. Giving a serious critique over someone's quality of voice while doing crap like this is utterly pretentious.

Sorry? It was just surprising to hear a recording artist sound that unpolished, I knew there was some auto-tune helping but I didn't realize the extent, that's all. That other guy was denying it even sounded bad, which is kinda crazy. I wasn't seriously critiquing it, I was just stating the obvious.

But enough of this derail. Content! Someone posted the Studio Killers 'Ode to the Bouncer' video earlier - they've released a new video that looks pretty cool, 'Eros and Apollo':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_QnHKblsKk

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Captain Invictus posted:

Sorry I can't appreciate her basically only memorable schtick, that of being fat, talking about being fat or eating things, and talking about how horrific her tampons are or just really gross, inappropriate topics in general.

Do you like Louis CK? That guys talks about his poo poo all the time. Literally, his poo poo. And it's hilarious. Gross doesn't equal cheap or unfunny if done right. Some people think she does it right.

(also I sorted wanted to say this because I suspect a lot of people don't realize they have a double standard when it comes to lady comics talking about gross body stuff. Diarrhea and balls, ha ha ha, tampons, whubluuuuh??)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfIlUiA-ULY

In fact, now that I think about it, most of Louis CK's entire shtick is about being a sad lonely fat old guy with gross body problems. So...yeah.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

TheSlowestZombie posted:

Legacy Music Dancy Party. It's like 8-bit Soul Train.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6PfA6IaXjI&hd=1

I watched this video with a cringe the whole time and had to turn it off before it finished. This music is not danceable. I know we all love our video games, but Master Blaster is not boogie music. Dear Fellow Nerds: sometimes, the stuff we like is just going to be forever painfully nerdy and trying to make it 'cool' is never going to work.

Lil Bub is back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgi1ZiVXWYI

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
But who would be willing to invest the money into that and why? That sort of compositing isn't cheap. Or at least, paying a freelancer who actually knows his poo poo on CG compositing isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

TheSlowestZombie posted:

I never saw the original (was before I was born)

You DO know that you can view things that came out before you were born, right? I really suggest you watch it. But yeah, just goes to show how deeply culture ingrains stuff; you'll find you know certain phrases through parody more than anything.

Anyway here's David Attenborough crawling around with a blind baby rhino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzjQqcU7T4o

• Locked thread