Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

c355n4 posted:

Sadly, I only got video of the practice session which was in the day. I forgot to stop the camera so the battery ran out and the memory card filled up. :v

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9dOO2WzLIQ

Yay, deep puddles. Some highlights:

2:24 - Get passed by a little yellow bee and a turbo dodge neon
3:38 - Audi R8 ALMS passes. Holy poo poo this car sounds amazing in person.
5:03 - Orange BMW blast past with another yellow bee trying to draft him
5:28 - Turbo Dodge Omni passes on the inside.

Wow, I knew the event was bad rainwise, but I didn't know it was that bad. Glad I didn't have to flag this event. Hopefully things are better weather wise at the IMG event this weekend.

By the way, did you ever get the hot brake issue sorted out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

Admirable Gusto posted:

kitty litter from earlier in the day when some dude in a 911 blew a hose at turn 3 and just kept loving driving why hello 13 quarts of oil what pretty patterns you make on the already wet track)[/i]

As a race flagger(I am for too poor to actually race.) this kind of stuff is very annoying. That and crossing over the entire track to exit the tarmac when you realize you have a leak.

That being said, it is still better than the guy a few years ago who decided to park his Esprit on a short straight, then proceed to exit the car onto a hot track, and start working on his engine. We had to black flag all, and when he came in, he didn't understand why what he did was wrong.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Well, with the first prototype unveiled at the annual Entropy Racing party, I can now show off Entropy Racing's latest project, the Electric Vehicle Sports Racer.

The EVSR is a electric sports race that has been built by Entropy Racing, my stepdad's race business. So far the first car is completed and work has begun on the second car.

You can check out more about it here. The two cars are slated to hit the track this upcoming season so the northeastern US racers here have a pretty good chance of seeing them, especially at an IMG event.
http://evsr.net/

jadebullet fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Feb 4, 2014

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
I believe the goal was a couple of full sessions a day on one charge. Not 100% sure though. I will have to get back to you on the exact length of the charge.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
That is a good question. We normally just hook our trailer up to the tracks power sockets with an extension cord, but I don't think that that is how these will be charged. I will let you guys know though.

Here is a good picture of the Entropy Racing fleet of Spec Racer Renaults. These are actually rental cars. My stepdad hauls these cars to the track and rents them to customers.

The main hauling vehicle is a 1951 LaFrance Foamite Ladder truck converted into a car hauler. We also have a Freightliner with trailer, the Chevy truck in the background which pulls a trailer, and an ambulance which is now used by the Independent Motorsports Group, a group that my stepdad is the race chair of, and helped start. C355n4 might know more since he probably spends more time at the shop than I do. The Toyota Sports Racer and Caterham Super 7 are customer cars that Entropy Racing maintains and hauls to the track as well.

I will be talking to my stepdad tomorrow about the EVSR so that I can give you guys more information about it, as well as how we are going to charge them at the track.

Here is the website which has more pictures.
http://entropyracing.net/

http://imgracing.com/

jadebullet fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Feb 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Yup, they are former Spec Racer Renaults. We used to have some Fords a few years ago, but they were sold off and more Renaults were purchased and made into ESRs.

Thanks for the quick write up c355n4, you have actually seen the car more than I have and know more about it at this time.

I suggested that they mount a thick fake antenna on the rear of it, complete with one of those rubber knobs, but it looks like my idea for them to make it look like an RC car was ignored.