Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«521 »
Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

What's the difference between the Saga and non Saga for Total War? Is it just a focus on one period?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Flipswitch posted:

What's the difference between the Saga and non Saga for Total War? Is it just a focus on one period?

Focus on a small period of time in a localized area, smaller budget and more of a focus than usual on trying out new systems that could be promoted to the “full” games later.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Eimi posted:

It feels like they are trying to thread the needle between fantasy fans and then their older core of grog historical fans, and I wonder how well this will please either side. Like for me personally I would much rather they just go full myth and give us cyclops and giants ala Warhammer. Though I'm still looking forward to the game because of the setting and time period it's in.

I dunno, i like weird alt-history takes. I'm kinda interested in how it plays out.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Anno posted:

Focus on a small period of time in a localized area, smaller budget and more of a focus than usual on trying out new systems that could be promoted to the “full” games later.

Is that the saga or non saga

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Qubee posted:

Is that the saga or non saga
lmao.

Troy looks neat. I'll most likely pick that up if it's good.

Finally managed to win a campaign and was playing Gongsun Zan, that dude slaps and it got a bit ridicilous with the huge horse armies I was running, oddly enough I didn't quite get enough of it and felt I could do more, so I've started a game as Ma Teng.

I picked up Mandate of Heaven & A World Betrayed when I got this as I fancied some of the content, though I'm still working through the Warlords, what's the deal with the Eight Princes? Is it any good? I'm not sure on how I feel about moving forward in the timeline as I quite like where it is.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Flipswitch posted:

lmao.

Troy looks neat. I'll most likely pick that up if it's good.

Finally managed to win a campaign and was playing Gongsun Zan, that dude slaps and it got a bit ridicilous with the huge horse armies I was running, oddly enough I didn't quite get enough of it and felt I could do more, so I've started a game as Ma Teng.

I picked up Mandate of Heaven & A World Betrayed when I got this as I fancied some of the content, though I'm still working through the Warlords, what's the deal with the Eight Princes? Is it any good? I'm not sure on how I feel about moving forward in the timeline as I quite like where it is.

I really liked Eight Princes once AI got around to it. I know a lot of people don't like it because the BIG NAMES aren't around and whatnot. The new mechanics are neat, even if they're not revlotionary or anything and the Jin Empire being the biggest Doomstack around to prevent things from going completely murderous is a nice maneuver.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Spit it out, Georgy. Staging a coup here.

I just finished Lu Bu's campaign (on Hard) and it's really excellent. Super-frantic start, but it's amazing what a few well-placed ambushes can do to Cao Cao's onslaught. I love the headhunting mechanic. I also like that Lu Bu's a poo poo administrator who doesn't have time for your namby-pamby non-battle-related nonsense; it makes things tougher, but in a way that feels authentic to the character.

Now, because I hate myself, I'm trying to get the White Tiger Burning Bright achievement, ie: play as Yan Baihu and get 8 coalition members to join your coalition. gently caress this stupid achievement, and every stupid "make X number of factions join your lovely coalition" achievement. I've gotten to 7 with this one...and there's pretty much no way I can get an 8th, because everyone has either joined another coalition, or absolutely hates/is hated by enough of my allies, so they'll never join.

Anyone here gotten this one? How about Liu Bei's "No Small Deed Left Undone"? I might just end up skipping those two entirely because they're tedious and not fun.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How do you actually get people to leave another coalition or alliance? I'm trying to poach Zheng Jiang for my coalition with Yan Baihu so we can be the cool dudes coalition.

Also man a lot of the Ma family dislike each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Spit it out, Georgy. Staging a coup here.

Flipswitch posted:

How do you actually get people to leave another coalition or alliance? I'm trying to poach Zheng Jiang for my coalition with Yan Baihu so we can be the cool dudes coalition.

Also man a lot of the Ma family dislike each other.

Depending on how much money you have, how much they like you, etc, you can always vassalize and then liberate.

«521 »