Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xan
Feb 7, 2005
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

edit: also, his inability to deal with corruption because his unique admin building replaces the one that allows for adjacent-commandery-reduction

The "Coin Maker" building? No it does not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Wen Chou
Yan Liang
Yuan Tan
Yuan Shang
Zhang He
Yu Jin
Cao Ren
Cao Pi
Fa Zheng
Lady Zhen
Liu Yan

Are the new characters. Yu Jin and Zhang He have really great art, Yuan Tan looks like Wario though lmao. The Colonels mechanic seems to be pretty much lifted from the TROM Overhaul MOD which is my favourite way of playing 3K nowadays anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IQxqobQD2s

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

red cliffs expansion has to introduce naval combat, right?
and my boy Lu Su!

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Feb 25, 2021

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

My eyes skipped over Zhang He the first time I looked at that list and I was so pissed off.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
im always annoyed that wen chou and yan liang end up being used in different games rather then more interesting officers of yuan shao

they're puffed up in importance in the novel in order to make guan yu seem more badass than he was (not very)

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

lmao what the

you can reinstate the han emperor and they take over as your faction leader

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Xu You, Tian Feng and Ju Shou seem a bit glaring to be missing for Yuan Shao. Puzzle/TUP adds them at least.

lmao what the

you can reinstate the han emperor and they take over as your faction leader
Yup. Loyalist!

Cao Ren is also becoming a champion. Giving Cao Cao four of them early on lmao. Zhang He is a fifth Wei Sentinel by the looks of it. He should have stayed a Vanguard.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Feb 25, 2021

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Tiler Kiwi posted:

im always annoyed that wen chou and yan liang end up being used in different games rather then more interesting officers of yuan shao

they're puffed up in importance in the novel in order to make guan yu seem more badass than he was (not very)

agreed. zhang fei was the heart, soul, and liver of the peach bros

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Xan posted:

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

edit: also, his inability to deal with corruption because his unique admin building replaces the one that allows for adjacent-commandery-reduction
The "Coin Maker" building? No it does not.
I guess I should have been more specific - I specified Unique Admin Building because this is Yuan Shao's Unique Admin building (notice which building chain it replaces):

While most other Han factions get this as an option in their administration building chain:

Yuan Shao can get the coin maker but it is his only corruption reducing option and it is hard for him to get Copper so he can take full advantage of it - without Copper you only get -10% local rather than -15% local & adjacent from the coin maker chain.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Feb 25, 2021

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Sorry haters but Yuan Shao owns

I can’t believe it’s taken this long to get Zhang He of all people, the five elite generals should have been there from the start

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

yikes! posted:

agreed. zhang fei was the heart, soul, and liver of the peach bros

zhang fei was a complete bastard thrice over

Xan
Feb 7, 2005
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.
Where does it say that the Grand Judiciary reduces corruption in adjacent commanderies?

Edit: Never noticed that building - I dumb.

Xan fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Feb 25, 2021

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Xan posted:

Where does it say that the Grand Judiciary reduces corruption in adjacent commanderies?

It doesn't but the Office of Seals (or whatever) does.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Can’t believe they’re shafting Shen Pei. He actually does something other than get killed by Guan Yu!
Having him and Feng Ji being shitlords and only ever agreeing on Tian Feng being the worst is the entire Yuan dynamic.
Also weird that Yuan Xi and Gao Gan are still generic. They’re actually important.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

disjoe posted:

Sorry haters but Yuan Shao owns

I can’t believe it’s taken this long to get Zhang He of all people, the five elite generals should have been there from the start
The Five Elite Sentinels of Wei.

Who are the most notable missing characters now from the early Three Kingdoms period? Pang De, Lu Su, Lu Meng, Shen Pei, Tian Feng, Xu You, Wang Yi, Lu Xun & Han Dang?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Tiler Kiwi posted:

zhang fei was a complete bastard thrice over

yes, exactly!

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

The new council system, and Cao Cao/ Yuan Shao's new faction mechanics all look like they're gonna rule hard. This DLC looks like it's gonna be a good birthday present! Hopefully TROM and TUP won't take too long to update though.

Also, poor poor Yuan XI.

Edit: Serious Trivia has preview code and can talk a little about new mechanics and stuff in the second half of his video if y'all are curious;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j92UR_1jSO0

according to him in the comments, since Sun Ce is very close to his death in this starting date, he starts with extremely low reckless luck and you have to move very quickly to save him. sounds like a nice and stressful start position for the Wu fans this time around.

The Doomhammer fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Feb 25, 2021

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I’m glad that ST has seemingly started to get a lot more attention for the excellent content he’s done with 3K. After discovering his channel I’ve gone from thinking 3K was “just” a good game to it maybe being my favorite Total War. He’s the rare YouTuber that’s really changed how I’ve thought of a game.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
I’ve been listening to the Egmont Overture and thinking about reinstalling Napoleon lately. Good idea y/n

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Doomhammer posted:

according to him in the comments, since Sun Ce is very close to his death in this starting date, he starts with extremely low reckless luck and you have to move very quickly to save him. sounds like a nice and stressful start position for the Wu fans this time around.
Sun Ce is super OP in his A World Betrayed start so it will be interesting to see if he is still salvageable or if they changed his Reckless Luck mechanic at all.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
hmm so will Cao Cao get his expanded Scheme options even in his other start dates?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

People usually say you get close victories because you use all your ammo but uhh, I am curious how CA can explain this one...

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Captain Beans posted:

hmm so will Cao Cao get his expanded Scheme options even in his other start dates?

I would assume so.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I know it won't happen but every time I'm sad it's not the taiping rebellion or warlords era

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

I, too, am sad that none of the Rome Total War II expansions covered World War I

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

ninjahedgehog posted:

I, too, am sad that none of the Rome Total War II expansions covered World War I

shogun 2 total war was a better game in that regard, yes.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

ninjahedgehog posted:

You joke, but Shogun had FOTS and Atilla had Charlemagne.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPNBUBGwWdI&t=3s

Gameplay Reveal Trailer, shows some new units but mostly focuses on Liu Yan.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

You joke, but Shogun had FOTS and Atilla had Charlemagne.

So? The Boshin war was in 1868, less than 300 years after the end of the Sengoku period. Charlemagne lived about 300 years after Attila. Both expansions feature factions or their direct descendants who were involved in the events of the main game.

The Taiping rebellion is almost 1600 years after the end of the Three Kingdoms period. The Warlord Era is in the 1900s. There is no famous descendant of Cao Cao for you to play as. What we got was Eight Princes because they're all from the Sima clan.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
I want total war 40k

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I'd much rather we get Dawn of War 2 - Sequel with all the races. Total War's style just doesn't feel right for 40k. I guess if they go full apocalypse but that'd require a larger army limit than total war usually has.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I want shogun 3 in the tw3k style with samurai warriors style hero units

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

You want to watch Samurai die in a hail of arrows?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I'd be down for Samurai Warriors Shogun. 3K's 3 heroes per army is such a great system too, I like it more than what Warhams has done.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I'd settle for fots with the current army system, if only because it could fix half of what's wrong with naval in that game

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I just want agents to stay gone.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I just want agents to have their own tab rather than being on the map itself.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Flipswitch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPNBUBGwWdI&t=3s

Gameplay Reveal Trailer, shows some new units but mostly focuses on Liu Yan.

I like being able to customize what I get at rank ups. Currently I almost never use spies outside of hiring the occasionally turncoat, so I’ll gladly pump more points into administrators or something.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Anno posted:

I like being able to customize what I get at rank ups. Currently I almost never use spies outside of hiring the occasionally turncoat, so I’ll gladly pump more points into administrators or something.

I'd use spies more if they were actually effective at collecting other characters. As is it's just like you said, hire and extract them if they are someone you want, but they can never win over others for me. I just want to catch them all drat it.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Eimi posted:

I'd use spies more if they were actually effective at collecting other characters. As is it's just like you said, hire and extract them if they are someone you want, but they can never win over others for me. I just want to catch them all drat it.

That -80 satisfaction council decision they showed off will hopefully help with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I do wish spies had more utility, though it might just be that I am bad at using them.