Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Panzeh posted:

The problem with Empire's global campaign was that the AI, even patched, still can't handle the map transitions, so unless a scenario gave a country a province in one of the colonial regions, that country would never be there.

I don't know if this was a change from Darth mod, but in my current Empire game the Mugals, after conquering most of India have attacked and taken land in both America and Europe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

edit: efb while I was posting.

Maybe I'm misremembering, but that video looks like in game footage?

True, its not representative of how the game actually plays, but trailers hardly ever are. Ever strategy game I can think of has trailers that are exactly like that, super close ups of units fighting, if they even use in engine stuff at all.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

SeanBeansShako posted:

Warpath DLC is the most depth you'll get I'm afraid.

Is there any way to get them boats? I know they won't be making ships of the line or anything, but a bunch of canoes would be nice to invade the Caribbean.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Its not unrealistic that it could show up later as a daily or flash deal for 75% off though.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

The loading times in Shogun 2 aren't that bad for me, with the notable exception of the main menu, which takes a minute or more to load. Sure its pretty, but do you really need a looping FMV going behind your menu?

I'm looking for a change up, has anyone played the King Arthur series? They look kinda like TW battles with army upgrading similar to multiplayer Shogun 2 with some other RPG bits tossed it. Its hard to tell from the screenshots, is this accurate?

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

That, and even after you 'win' by getting 50 you can just keep playing.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

I wonder how overpowered heroes will be. I just played through King Arther which can be pretty much summed up as Medieval 2 Total War + heroes from Warcraft 3. It was a good game for someone looking for more stuff like TW, but late in the campaign the heroes were ridiculously overpowered and could take on conventional armies themselves.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

I remember building hordes of peasants in Rome 1 and then disbanding them all in one city so it would have the population to upgrade early.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

I'm not sure about mods, but the SS super powered heretics were one thing I never felt bad saving scumming.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Tomn posted:

For those savescumming along - I'm not ENTIRELY sure, but I think the RNG seed doesn't reset on loading until you've done something else - like, if executing a heretic doesn't work, it won't work if you load up again unless you send a spy mission elsewhere first or something like that. I might just be insane, though.

This is definitely true, but even just moving a unit 1 space will reset the RNG.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Has there been any word if Rome 2 will support borderless windowed mode or cursor lock? I get really sad when new games don't have these basic (in my opinion) quality of life features.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Is there a mod for Rome 1 or preferably Medieval 2 that adds replenishment ala Napoleon or Shogun? I really want to play one of the two after watching all this Rome 2 stuff, but the micromanaging of replacing losses is such a huge pain.

Also what are the goto mods for those two? Is stainless steel still the way to go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Clear out the scripts folder in %AppData%\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon. If that doesn't work clear out the whole Napoleon folder, but back up the saved game folder if you want it.