Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

There is absolutely nothing worse than shogun 2 naval battles. Is there a mod to remove/make better? I couldn't find one. I'm tired of having to battle out at 3x speed otherwise the autoresolve will murder my nubian trade ships. I'd be happy with a 100% autowin via autoresolve as that's where this particular game is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Agean90 posted:

shogun 2 naval battles are the poo poo though. A shame the AI is bad at research, the moment you get exploding shells it becomes a matter of not if you when, but how quickly as the AI never builds armored ships it seems.

In fots or am I missing something I'm the base?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Ranks will get them firing the first volley faster.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

Plus I can't seem to find the manual but aren't the line infantry straight upgrades of each other?

pretty much iirc. I'm terrible at shogun's map game :( and early fots

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

There have been multiple Gettysburg games but I can't recall any that encompass the whole war.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

wont' there be like only 4 different types of units?

vikings
englishmen with bows
englishmen with shields
enblishmen with horses

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

BBJoey posted:

is it your contention that sengoku era japan is better known by the layperson than the vikings?

the last samurai!

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

god that drawing is terrible.

I think they'd be able to throw something together somewhat easily with the box protection for individual (maybe mixed) squads or preset formations like shogun 2

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

I get it, I just don't care and hopefully neither will CA.

I don't hate china as a setting but I don't want another Warhammer.

good thing mods exist for you then. I'm sure someone will shogun 2 it wrt generals

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

CharlestheMeltdowner :lol:

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don't want units that can wipe out armies themselves like warhammer or vanilla M2. That's just unfun
have you not played warhammer since release?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

The ai knows how to handle them, just send so many fleets that the autoresolve eventually gives them the ships or you have to play out every single one and then quit the game out of frustration.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

Speaking of vikings, did CA manage to make an entire game based around the Viking era in the time it took them to release Norsca for Warhammer?

they plowed your mom a few times too

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Lord Koth posted:

There is a way to do so (to some extent) with unit caps. It's just that CA seems reluctant to actually implement those outside true oddities like Tomb Kings.

And Rat Ogres in particular are alright units in campaign - it's just that virtually everyone rushes for like an almost pure gun line + war machine build as Skaven. Even aside from the actual overall cost of those builds (which is obviously a restriction in MP) there's also the fact that the AI is just flat out much worse at dealing with that than an actual thinking human player. So it's not so much "Rat Ogres are garbage" as it is "Skaven gunlines + Doomflayers + extra army of slaves is overpowered vs. the AI."

I wish extra unit and army cost wasn't linear. An army of Britonia peasants should cost basically nothing but two of doom should be prohibitively expensive.

Let me know if these things changed but just having a new lord cost you 1.35 upkeep really means you have to doom. Especially on the harder difficulty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Naval battles are the worst thing and even if you cheese it up and have cannon ships you can't autoresolve. Just absolutely terrible design.