Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Oh my goodness... that's a little too pretty. I don't think I'll be able to run it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I can never get mods to work on my steam version of Medieval 2. It makes me sad. Oh well!

I hope Rome 2 can work on old computers, I would really like to try it out. Not holding my breath though.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I got Stainless Steel to work in steam. Yay. Thanks, person who suggested that.

Anyway, I've noticed this weird habit swordsmen have: I tell them to charge a foe, which about 10 of them do while the rest of the unit just watch. It's really peculiar.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

In Medieval 2, does the "Rally" ability do anything? The game said it helps broken morale troops but I've never seen it do anything. I feel like I might be doing something wrong...

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

shalcar posted:

Run a cavalry or infantry unit out to them and when it gets close enough they will "wake up" and continue their attack.

It's odd though, I've literally only seen it happen once in all my time playing Shogun 2 vanilla. Maybe it's something to do with Radious?

Happens all the time in Medieval 2, probably a holdover.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

So I'm playing as England in Medieval 2. I own the entire island, and am working on France. I haven't even "met" Portugal, yet out of the blue they land an army of A Peasant on the shores of Caernarvon and declare war on me.

why

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Spakstik posted:

Are you playing vanilla M2TW? Stainless Steel comes with a couple different AIs that you can choose from, at least two of which will make the computer behave a bit more rationally when it comes to diplomacy/declaring war. Countries will actually honor alliances and not be complete spazzes about attacking everything in sight.

I played Stainless Steel for a bit. I really liked it, but eventually stopped playing it. The 4 year wait between turns was just too much for me.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

It's probably too much of a change but I hope the next Total War game is in a fictional setting. How cool would that be?

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

There's always going "gently caress that noise" and using the tilda key. That's a slippery slope, though...

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

This is gonna be one pretty game.
why do you suck so bad, computer. whyy

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I always liked that feature.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

A good AI would be cool, certainly. What I want most is them to find voice actors that aren't total poo poo. That'd be nice.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Which is why I didn't say I only wanted that! It's just something that's always made me laugh/cringe.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I loving loved wardog units. drat.
I need to reinstall...

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Azran posted:

It seems I can't run mods in my Steam-bought Medieval 2? :raise: I'm using the Medieval 2 Kingdoms launcher, but be it LTC or Stainless Steel, it crashes as soon as I boot it up. Any ideas? (Windows 7)

You have to do this weird thing where you delete one of the kingdoms campaigns and replace it with Stainless Steel.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

This is probably a stupid question but I can't for the life of me figure out what the hell "Rally" is supposed to do for Generals in Medieval 2. The tutorial says it, well, rallies your troops... but as far as I can tell it does jack squat. Is it really minor, or something?

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Edit: wrong thread

Sankara fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Apr 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

rome total war sure has good music