Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

disjoe posted:

Is it just me or have the generic Yellow Turbans been on steroids since the DLC, especially around the Luoyang/Changan area? I think it has something to do with the gates but I’m not sure.

Generic Turbans will rebel from all the gates Big Dong gets since he has a public order penalty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-three-kingdoms-fates-divided-faq/

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL33A390995E9A7F00

It's not that hard to track down.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
The real downside to starting as Cao Cao is that every other faction will feel terrible in comparison afterwards.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
For a video titled The future of 3 Kingdoms it didn't really have much to say about that

E: comments from CA on reddit

"The existing Total War: THREE KINGDOMS game will not be getting any more DLC or support. However, we are working on a new game."

"It is based on the Romance of the Three Kingdoms novel."

"We are still in early stages here, but wanted to communicate as much as we are able to."

Estraysian fucked around with this message at 15:30 on May 27, 2021

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
But I love it when Cao Cao becomes a pacifist after winning too many battles

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
https://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?786522-Valve-leaks-Steam-game-player-counts&p=16023507&viewfull=1#post16023507

"These numbers also mean that revenue in 2019 from 3K ($97 millions) was nearly twice as big as revenue from WH2 from Q4 of 2017 to the end of 2019 (~$50 millions). What is more, in 2019 the revenue from 3K DLCs was nearly 5 times as big as revenue from WH2 DLCs."

Assuming these numbers are correct I don't think the arguments about 3K's DLC sales have any merit, as these numbers only include sales of the initial 3 DLC's (blood lol, Turbans and 8 Princes).

I can definitely see them deciding that they want everyone to pay full price again for a sequel though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

Vagabong posted:

The big appeal of the Warhammer games is that they daisy chain together, so all the content from the first game including dlc ended up featuring in the second. There's no indication that this new Three Kingdoms game isn't just a clean break from the first.

CA have specifically said that it is a clean break, no 3K DLC will work with whatever the new game is.