Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:
I missed the Shogun 2 super cheap sale, any chance it'll be less than 10 bux again this summer? And how does it compare to RTW? I really, really, really love Rome and can play it endlessly (vanilla). I tried the Shogun 2 demo and I got obliterated over and over again on the one battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

I've got Rome: Total War and really really enjoyed it. Played more campaigns than I can remember. Tried Medieval 2 and wasn't so crazy about it.

Since the entire Total War series is so cheap for the next 30 or so hours, should I buy Shogun 2/Napolean/Empire vanillas, no add ons? Or go for the Master or Grand Master Collection? Not sure how worth it the add ons are.
I assume Shogun 2 is the best of them too?

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

Thanks guys. If it's likely there will be better packs during the Christmas holiday, I'm just going to get Shogun 2 + Shogun 2 Collection + Fall of the Samurai. I'll get all the rest at Christmas and that should hold me for a very, very long time.

e: Hell with it, bought the Grand Master Collection.

Gringo Heisenberg fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Nov 25, 2012

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

Turned all the settings to low on Shogun 2, and oh god the load times :negative:. Also, any tips for campaign? I only tried two battles, and got my rear end thoroughly handed to me trying to assault some compound on a hill. Couldn't even get close with their archers.