Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Azran posted:

By the way - CA didn't release a beta or anything for Shogun 2, right?

They released a demo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Is Fall of the Samurai worth the $6 if I'm feeling a little burnt out on the Japan setting? I really should finish a game of Rise first since I've already paid for it but :effort:

Tommofork posted:

Also Fall of the Samurai has the ugliest unit pictures. I miss colours other than brown.

Can't be as ugly as some of the menu and background textures a lot of the mods use.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Not 40K but I think more thematically in tune: http://www.creative-assembly.com/sega-and-creative-assembly-announce-partnership-with-games-workshop-to-create-warhammer-games/

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Out of curiosity, does the AI perform better if its being led by a higher starred general?

VVVVV Yeah, I know that they get better morale and bonuses. What I should've asked is that if they get "smarter" VVVVV

Ragingsheep fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Mar 26, 2013

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
You could have a whole bunch of tribes in the East and have mechanics simulating the rise of the Huns and the flood of refugees westwards.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

MadJackMcJack posted:

Frankly, I won't be satisfied unless I can fill an army with nothing but WARDOGS :black101:

As long as their models are regionally accurate :colbert:

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Asehujiko posted:

"everybody gets elephants but only countries that are supposed to have elephants get elephants with +1 armor as their faction bonus, also the entire world has legionaries but Rome has legions with 2 extra pila"

I don't remember this being the case in Rome.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Games in Australia used to cost $100 when the exchange was 1AUD to 0.50USD. At least with digital distribution, its now easier to bypass regional based markups.

Why do I need to wait half a year for this game to come out? :sigh:

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

shalcar posted:

It's still $80AUD ($78USD) here in Australia :(

Greenman Gaming was offering it for $59.95 with a 20% off coupon so I'd keep an eye on that.

Also there's a goon selling Steam games for 15% off in the Buy/Sell forums.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

DiHK posted:

My favorite complaint was "Overexagerated Cities dimensions".

Because what we all really want is accurately scaled and barely perceptible settlements on the campaign map.

Historically accurate street layouts and weather thanks :colbert:

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

SeanBeansShako posted:

Bets on what the community site the really bitter people will be forced to move to from TWC will be called when the game comes out?

Is TWC cleaning out the spergs?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Arujei posted:

Quick question before I hit this like an asteroid - will this still unlock the TF2 items? I play pyro every now and again, and I was going to exclusively run around in the armor after preordering.

Only preorders on Steam get TF2 items.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
You should get all preorder bonuses except for TF2 items.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
drat it, I'm never going to get my China focused Total War game :(

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
I hope that they make the AI smarter when you try to gift them good provinces. I shouldn't have to pay $4000 gold to give Brandenburg back to Prussia :argh:

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
I just converted to Christianity and rushed it with Naban trade ships. :shrug:

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

R. Mute posted:

I can and that's what it does by default, but I'm not really feeling downloading 12+GB when I have the entire game sitting right there on a DVD.

You're probably going to have to download a significant part of that on updates anyway.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Screenshots of the hideous UI?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Miltank posted:

just got Rome II what do I need to know?

Get a mod that reduces or stops AI use of agents.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

DrankSinatra posted:

I'm playing Shogun 2, and it is really cool. I don't quite understand how to use cavalry, though. I get that you should charge enemy units, and not let them get into melees, but I have trouble getting them to disengage and regroup.

Ideally, you should also tie down the enemy unit with a unit of spearmen or something else.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
3 Kingdoms will be a historical title with aesthetics taken from the Romance novels/mythology.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Seems like some of the big Thrones changes might be test drives for 3k.

Isn't 3k coming out later this year? Seems too late to still be testing changes.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
I'm more interested in the updates to Warhammer and 3K.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Don Gato posted:

Hahaha oh man that's never gonna happen on the mainland as long as the CPC is in power.

There's quite a bit of Mainland Chinese media and shows that cover that period. Obviously, they're all pretty complementary when they come to the portrayal of the communists.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Koramei posted:

They had dudeless traction catapults in Shogun 2, I don't think that's the problem really. Not being able to knock down walls would also make siege battles tedious as all hell and even worse for the AI.

It is kind of odd they'd put counterweight trebuchets in but also a complete non issue imo, it's a bit strange how hung up on it people are. What I'd like to see are some of the weirder Chinese siege engines of the time.

I think/hope both of these are just because it's a prealpha E3 demo, but I guess we'll see. We saw a lot more dudes in some of the screenshots (like 150 a unit), but maybe the game isn't close to optimized enough yet to be demoing that in an actual game without atrocious performance. And it not being all over the map makes complete sense for a press thing, that would be confusing as hell to watch and for people that aren't so familiar with the franchise.

In historical terms, a lot of Chinese sieges just involved the attackers diverting a nearby river to flood the city.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Getting back into Fall of the Shogun. What mods are good for a vanillaish playthrough?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Sieges in ancient China were about diverting a river and using them to flood a city so that would be cool to see.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Playing Rise of the Republic. How do I stop my family members from all going off and forming their own families?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-october-2018

Looks like region trading is back in 3K

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

drat I can't stand preordering games though. Oh well, Love me some Dynasty Warriors, even if this is insanely different.

I'm pretty sure with all of CA's pre-order DLC/bonuses now, you can buy it up to 1 week after release and still get them.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Azran posted:

All preorder bonus DLC is always available separately on release.

What I mean is that you still get the pre-order DLC for free if you buy it within 1 week of release.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

skooma512 posted:

I’m not preordering poo poo after I got burned in Rome 2

Good thing CA still gives you the "Pre-Order" DLC for free if you buy up to a week after release.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Warhams 2 got pushed back a month before release as well (although that was only the first time). Hopefully they polish up the battles and redo the art for the unit cards.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
He's the dumb gently caress that got his angry about women generals in R2.

e: referring to Arch, not Turin

Ragingsheep fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Feb 13, 2019

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

ZearothK posted:

Hell no, Turin is a stand-up fellow, don't confuse him with ArchWarhammer. In his own Discord there were some alt-right weirdos but he told them (and specifically them) to knock it off with the politics. He is definitely the best in live casting amongst the Total War streamers.

Sorry, I was referring to Arch. Should've made I clearer.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Unit cards should be fairly easy to mod based on past TW games though.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Recommended specs are out; and I'm due for an upgrade anyways...

PC Minimum Specifications (Integrated)

Expected around 25-35 FPS on campaign map and in a 1v1, 21 units vs 21 units battle, default graphics preset set to “Low”, running at 1280×720
Operating System: Windows 7 64 Bit
Processor: i7-8550U 1.80GHz
RAM: 6GB
Video Card: Intel UHD Graphics 620

PC Minimum Specifications (Discrete)

Expected around 25-35 FPS on campaign map and in a 1v1, 21 units vs 21 units battle, default graphics preset set to “Low”, running at 1280×720
Operating System: Windows 7 64 Bit
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.00Ghz
RAM: 4GB
Video Card: GTX 650 Ti | HD 7850 1GB VRAM

PC Recommended Specifications

Expected around 45-55 FPS on campaign map and in a 1v1, 21 units vs 21 units battle, default graphics preset set to “High”, running at 1920×1080
Operating System: Windows 10 64 Bit
Processor: Intel i5-6600 | Ryzen 5 2600X
RAM: 8GB
Video Card: GTX 970 | R9 Fury X 4GB VRAM

PC 60 FPS+ Specifications

Expect 60 FPS+ on campaign map and in a 1v1, 21 units vs 21 units battle, default graphics preset set to “Ultra”, running at 1920×1080
Operating System: Windows 10 64 Bit
Processor: Intel® Core™ Intel i7-8700K
RAM: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

Also, this will be cool

quote:

two different palette options: Romance (rich, vibrant colour saturation) and Records (lighter, more realistic colour saturation).

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

ZearothK posted:

I think the idea for Saga is to make it a smaller game based on an existing engine (they specifically mentioned Attila to Rome 2, Napoleon to Empire and Fall of the Samurai to Shogun 2 as titles that would fit under the Saga nomenclature), so I imagine the next one will be somehow related to Three Kingdoms' base, so probably an east Asian - and likely Chinese - theatre.

Could do the Mongol invasion. The Warring States is another choice with a smaller map geographic wise but that might be a bit too similar to 3K in terms of gameplay.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Looks like CA "fixed" the unit cards in 3K.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Reddit is complaining about the lack of armored horses. Not that disagree with them.