Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
The Naval battles where your ships randomly blow up suits the Royal Navy fine too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Oh there actually is a WW2 mod for RTW that makes the WW1 one for NTW look like a slick and professional indie product compared to it.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

you sank my battleship

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

A shame, was hoping they'd do a medieval/gun power version with updates but now it dead. Oh well.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Agean90 posted:

so ive been playing empire again and what ever happened to imperial splendor? What little there was was promising

Last time I checked they are still working on their Napoleonic spin off and a minor member of their team was busy trying to work slavery as some horrible form of economic bonus to Empire.

Needless to say, that sort of blunts my excitement for it.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Seriously the post was thus:

Some guy: Yo, I like this mod but this economics model is whack and lame.
Weird Nazi mod developer: I hear you, we're fixing it and our new system will be historically authentic. Slaves will be a resource as one of the features.

I kind of closed the tab after that, not sure what the reply to that was but knowing TWC....

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Gay Horney posted:

it's me, the guy creating racial bonuses for specific ethnic groups.

stop it and focus on silly hats you fool

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

underage at the vape shop posted:

Was he being a shitheel about slaves or did he want a rome 2 like system

I think his aim was to simply be an edge lord and just replace one of the continent resources (I strongly suspect Ivory in Africa) for slaves. I don't see how else he could it.

Part of me hopes that guy is just some weird half rear end coder these bloated mod teams pick up for some reason and he's long gone.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Only way it'd happen if they played it loose in Empire 2 and gave those African nations a chance to westernize and turn the tables now.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

It's a delicate subject so essentially give everyone more or less the same tools to go for with a tech tree at 1700 and sit back and watch the dickery. The alternate history aspect of these games are the most fascinating.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Heh, so it turns out there is a mod set in the Taiping Rebellion era in China now. Catch? It's a mod for Medieval II.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Seriously, what is up with the Europe campaign map music for ETW. Like seriously, why so bad.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I got a mod that simply used orchestral music made by the conductors and musicians of the 18th and early 19th century and it worked so much better. Hell, the NTW campaign music would also do me better.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Take up the mantle of either and bring them their divine justice.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Koramei posted:

Not much for a game that's not even out of alpha yet, which is kinda the point--people scrutinize it a ridiculous amount when you reveal so much when it's not ready yet.

I mean we've got nothing better to do, most of the non warham modding scene is dead.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

alex314 posted:

I imagine it will be based on other leaders' traits. You can bet your yellow rubber duck Cao Cao will try his best to flip and use any dude he can. I just hope there's still enough battles going.

I was wondering when we'd see a reference to that old web comic.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

He sounds like a right turbocock.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

John Charity Spring posted:

Yeah Turin had nothing to do with that mess. It was ArchWarhammer and a bunch of other alt-right adjacent people. Turin seems fine.

Solution, we give the man an obvious mocking nickname (ArghWarham) to prevent any confusion and to take the piss out of his silly macho nerd name.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Man I can't wait to play the game in a few years time when my poor rear end can get better hardware.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

You mean after Fall Of The Samurai right?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I think it does if you accept some of the limitations of the older games. And no, no need for mods at all for this one. Try and contain the French as Spain if you want a challenge, the DLC is part of the game.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Read the post above the post above, a mod pretty much unlocks loads.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

CA really have got to cut that turd loose now. Or SEGA got to step in.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

It has a close association though at this point I don't understand why. Might be time to distance hard.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

You learn always to keep those guys on the flank because of that and it works better.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Same.

Either a 19th century themed spin off or another crack at Empire.

I have made the exact same post in this thread once a drat year. And will do so until I, the thread or the franchise expires/actually does it.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I really love those mid-1800s uniforms. They’re a perfect mix between the obscene gaudiness of napoleonics and the utilitarian drab of the 20th century*

(*One brave uniform bucked the 20th century trend :france:)

I wonder what fate befell the old PR guy who promised us a uniform editor with Napoleon sometimes.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

He made some weird Peter Moloyneux stye claims though which pretty much taught me to always be weary about each game and it's features from that point.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Dramicus posted:

My first complaint when I play 3K will be about the disturbing lack of :krad: guitar solos.

For many of us first exposed to the setting thanks to a whacky rear end Japanese game this is always a strange issue, even with the stone cold serious Chinese TV series we're constantly on edge waiting for some sick over the top shredding.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I wonder if Cao Cao will have a negative trait that breaks up said sort of marriages too?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Mantis42 posted:

Poor Diaochan =(

The worst fate to become the pet obsession with several Three Kingdoms bad boys.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Well considering female warriors of the past have been DLC, they might just be holding back to make a little more money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Ragingsheep posted:

There used to be a Senate system that was similar in Rome.

Didn't the Pope do this in the original Medieval or was he just limited to calling the Crusades?