Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

My friend and I tried a multiplayer campaign (co-op) of FotS, and the lag was intolerable. We've experienced these issues both over LAN and WAN connections. Is there a fix for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Is there a way to know what the daily deals will be in advance? I want to know if Alexander, or the Medieval II franchise will similarly cost next to nothing on another day.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

oscarthewilde posted:

http://uk.gamespot.com/total-war-rome-ii/videos/carthage-battle-gameplay-walkthrough-total-war-rome-ii-6398557/

Some pretty good pre-alpha gameplay of RTW2, surviving the next year's gonna be really hard.

Gracchus! :3:

But holy poo poo, this looks like a really ambitious game; I hope they pull it off!

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

So what are everyone's thoughts on Hyrule Total War? I downloaded it a couple of days ago and I think its one of the best (and most complete) mods I've ever played.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

So, is there any truth to this or what? I can't see the Philippine-American Wars being broad enough for a Total War game myself.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Earwicker posted:

A game running from the early 19th century (picking up where N:TW left off more or less) and going up through the end of WW1 would make sense, would include the US Civil War, Franco-Prussian War, several Latin American wars, etc. I could see the Philippines War being added to that as a DLC the way that the Peninsular Campaign was for Napoleon.

Victoria: Total War

But by the end you'd have biplanes and armoured cars. The technological level in FotS just barely squeaked by, and that's because completely modern mid-19th century gear was kept to a minimum.

I dunno - I think the American Civil War may be the limit here.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

So, any theories on what they're going to do for expansion packs for R2? The two they had for Rome 1 seem like some of the more obvious ideas, so I don't know what comes next, especially considering Rise and Fall really rose the bar for Total War expansion packs.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

I think all Historic themed game communities should have a developer like that guy in World Of Tanks. Somebody blunt, to the point who is fed up with these kind of guys.

So in short, you want everyone who does community interaction for video game development to be SerB. I could live with that.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Steam is currently downloading a 10 GB patch for Medieval II Total War (and there's another patch queued up for RTW). Does anyone know what this is?

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Maybe they'll get around the 'No Threequel' rule by making an early medieval total war or a pre-modern europe total war (called something else of course).

Seriously, the 11th century - 16th century timeline they had in previous MTW games doesn't work if you want to make a more realistic game with a coherent feel to it.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Ligur posted:

How do you upgrade unit armor or weapons on Shogun 2?

I sort of feel I should have read something about how the game works before I started...

Oh holy hell, I remember as long ago as MTW: Vikings I had generals who were complete wrecks. One was so drunk he had to be carried to battle on his shield, but he was magnificent at boosting morale and leading infantry or something anyway.

Always loved the less than regular (or even positive) traits.

I believe it was a unique province building that allowed you to do that.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

Couldn't Creative Assembly file legal action against this guy for monetizing his mod development?

Not to mention Nintendo. Either way, Hyrule total war is amazing and I would love to see a decent LP of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Is there a mechanical reason to go Republic in FotS or is it just a fluff thing you do for bragging rights?