Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrankSinatra
Aug 25, 2011
I'm playing Shogun 2, and it is really cool. I don't quite understand how to use cavalry, though. I get that you should charge enemy units, and not let them get into melees, but I have trouble getting them to disengage and regroup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrankSinatra
Aug 25, 2011
So, I played a Shgoun 2 campaign to the end - a short Chosokabe campaign on Normal. That's really a far, far better tutorial than the tutorial campaign. I didn't win - I only had 15 provinces and took Kyoto at the end of 1572, so I think I played myself into a bit of a corner time-wise. It's a helluva game though. The strategic level feels like you're always trading off between stuff in a very euro-boardgame way, which I dig, and also get stressed out by.

On short though, it feels like you don't really have much going family-wise, or with the growth of agents.

DrankSinatra fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Mar 5, 2015

DrankSinatra
Aug 25, 2011
I started playing the Chosokabe in Shogun 2 recently, and it's the first time I've really gotten heavy into a TW game (which is weird, because I own everything from Shogun 2 on, except Rome 2). Is it possible to rotate out units? Say I have some yari ashigaru that are getting very fatigued, can I give a retreat order and have them disengage, so that I can rotate in some samurai?

I feel like playing Chosokabe is a bit weird, because you have some small/manageable-for-a-beginner early battles, then by the time I get off of Shikoku, battles are much bigger, and I tend to get overworked and the battles devolve into blobby orgies when my lines break down.

DrankSinatra fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Apr 16, 2021

DrankSinatra
Aug 25, 2011
Quick Rome Remastered question: If I'm new to the series (I started Shogun 2 and Rome a few times a while back, and got sidetracked with work), what's a good starting campaign difficulty? I did about twenty or so turns with easy/easy, but it seemed too straightforward. I'll definitely set the battles to normal, since the morale stuff is immediately obvious in gameplay.

Also, was Realistic Governance an option in the original Rome? I tried googling without much luck. I'm leaning towards having it off, because general shuffling/waiting on family members to be born seems like less "here are interesting decisions for you to make" and more like busywork.