Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

SeanBeansShako posted:

Oh god they still haven't fixed this!?

Nope. They're still invulnerable while the artillery is limbered. It's the funniest thing to have an Armstrong move slowly around the field and let every one of his yari ki swarm up on it. That's when you bring the Revolver Cav.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.
Is it normal for TW games to get temperamental with hardware changes? I had to replace my monitor this week, and now when I want to play Napoleon or Shogun 2, my computer will occasionally lock up. It doesn't do this with other games, just the Total War ones. Any ideas?

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

tables posted:

What did CA do to "devalue his efforts"?

He didn't get invited to the mod summit.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

While we're on the subject, is there any specific thing I should be doing in Napoleon to not lose every MP match? It seems that all I get set against are campers, and I have no idea how to assault an army in a good defensive position.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Man Whore posted:

Also nothing is more satisfying in Empire than capturing Quebec in the Revolution campaign. The United States of North America is just so much more satisfying. Can't burn down the white house now,can you 14th state? :smug:

No I'm not bitter,why do you ask?

I liked taking the Cherokee and kicking the Europeans out of North America. I got your Trail of Tears right here.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Excellent video, though if you feel like a drinking game, take a shot every time he says "dark(er)", "gritty", or "visceral".

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

SeanBeansShako posted:

gently caress you 'Ladies Man'. gently caress you.

And "Loves his food"

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Mans posted:

Is Rome Total Realism poo poo? All this talk about Rome 2 gave me the munchies from Rome mods. I've god Europa Barbaorum, Invasio Barbaorum Roma Surrectum and Aristeia. What else am i missing?

Extended Greek Mod.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

primelaw posted:

If anything, I find that announcer to be absolutely hilarious. SIR THEIR MEN ARE RUNNING FROM YOU LIKE HEATHENS FROM A PREACHER. That never gets old :allears:

DAMNED LILLY LIVERED COWARDS! YER MEN ARE RUNNIN SIR!

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Gimnbo posted:

Greek Guy: "The gods be praised! The enemy general is KEWD!" Voice breaks right on "killed."

Also: THE DAY IS OWOUUURS. Voice break on "Ours"

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

toasterwarrior posted:

There's a M2TW one which stands out to me: at the end of your general's speech, he finds a snake in his boot and freaks the gently caress out. That's funny already, but the way the game is coded, his men cheer afterwards automatically.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

SeanBeansShako posted:

I've found a mod in progress for MTW2 you guys might like.

Basically, one of the most requested original eras for Total War is the Romance Of The Three Kingdoms era.

There is a mod for that now in the works.

That looks sweet as hell. Looking forward to it.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

ReV VAdAUL posted:

The elite do come to London, well Westminster, to run the country before retiring back to their landed estates. Though maybe they're referring to the accent in the posh parts of London, in which case that'd be a Russian accent.

1 makes sense, 2 I'm not sure about, I don't know a great deal about shield manufacture but even back into times when bronze was quite rare hide and wooden shields existed. 3. Honor might be an explanation but people don't stick to honor if it gets in the way of material gain and it would require that the exact tradition of honor had existed throughout Japan and to an extent China throughout their history.

But anyway, thanks for the suggestions. I'll cease derailing now.

The stuff I've seen with #2 is that the lack of quality metals forced the japanese to use weapons two-handed, making the practice of carrying your shield not particularly helpful. In its stead, they built shoulderpads that could be used to deflect attacks, like so:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

SHISHKABOB posted:

Darth Mod is that mod that puts lightsabers and Darth Vader everywhere, right?

Thankfully not on the unit models, but basically everywhere else.