Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’d like to watch some videos in which the player explains some of their decisions so that I can get good at Total war, any recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Dramicus posted:

Serious Trivia does a lot of that, also gives lots of cool historical and cultural details too. He mostly focuses on Three Kingdoms though. Has lots of unit guides for it as well.

Thank you! Seems great

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Which faction has the gyrocopters

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is there ANY way to reset skill points in Warhammer 1? All of the mods that I’ve found through googling seem to be for the sequel alone, and, well, gently caress

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No dice, but I did find a method that involves a save editor with a pretty unfriendly UI, but thankfully after about a half hour of poking at it I managed to get the changes to stick :)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What do the bars mean on unit cards? Why would the 136 one fuller than the 148 one?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Mustang posted:

Both Infinite Character Respecs and One Button Respec are on Steam Workshop and are much easier to use than a save editor. Both work the same way (button on bottom left of skills window) you just need to determine if you want to only do it once per game per character or not.

Sadly those are for Warhammer 2 (and I assume they can’t be ported to Warhammer 1, which is what I’m playing)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

There are only very, very niche reasons to be playing 1. Otherwise you should play 2.

Ok well this convinced me to impulse-buy Warhammer 2

Played a couple of hours, the campaign feels noticeably slower in terms of growth and income, compared to 1 I’m having to really tighten my belt and play conservatively

How worried should I be of this Skaven number that keeps going up

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMlu7ZleclI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I was watching the YouTuber recommended in the thread last week, who plays a lot of Three Kingdoms. Seems he’s Chinese himself and hearing him pronounce the Chinese names made me wonder, who decided to spell Cao Cao’s name “Cao Cao” in English, or hell any Chinese name, because they really hosed up