Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011
So has anyone had a bug where they rout/kill all enemy forces and the only option is to quit the battle?

I'm on legendary diffuclty and the outcome is pretty important because its on my weakest front, so I'd rather not lose it. Besides, there's a bunch of cannons to be gained from winning it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011

Man Whore posted:

Which game are you playing? I know in Empire or Napoleon,the computer likes to stash units behind walls even if it's no where near it's main line. Also check any nearby woods.

FotS. I scoured the map. It sucks pretty bad, but it's not the end of the world.

Edit: This is an ordinary land battle.

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011

Flippycunt posted:

If you're defending you can just run out the clock and you'll win by default.

Nope, attacking. The clock even disappears when I "win" but the only option for leaving is to concede. It's a very odd bug.

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

Any tips for siege battles? While I was playing, I just let the autoresolve handle siege battles.

In Shogun 2, autoresolve for attacking siege battles is probably going to net you less deaths. In defensive siege battles, just move your guys away from the walls until the infantry start climbing them, then move them back on. That way, your walls kill a very significant amount of bad guys.

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011

The Walker posted:

I'm trying to get back into Shogun 2 but I've run into an incredibly irritating bug where the game doesn't fully capture the mouse. To clarify, I'm running dual monitors and instead of scrolling in game when I move my mouse to the side it moves to the other monitor. Has this happened to anyone else and for the love of all that is holy do you have a fix? A cursory googling suggests I install some third party stuff I've never heard of.

Use WASD to navigate.