Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Pycckuu posted:

Also your colonial line infantry is better than your domestic line infantry because CA loves to put in racial advantages. Black people and Russians get a bigger charge bonus because they don't understand technology.

I'm trying to imagine a Total War game without racial or cultural advantages. It would probably be worse than your posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Total 'Ham takes 'being a piece of poo poo' to levels one could only dream of in Medieval. One general, but Vampire Counts and The Empire can load up an army with gooby as gently caress heroes.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Ammanas posted:

Warhammer doesn't give +10 to dread causing low tier units to route just by entering the generals aura lol that poo poo owned in m2

None of that poo poo compares to Grimgor in any way. He doesn't want them to run.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

The choice to modernize or not in FOTS was about the only time you had to make any real choices in the series. I'm not sure how that choice could have been anything other than 'battery of Armstrong guns', but it did actually matter.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Arglebargle III posted:

Just for future reference, the zh sound in Chinese is closest to an English j sound, but pronounced a little further back on the palate.

I've been calling him Zee Huge since I was about eight and rented my first koei game for the nes

and I really don't think I'm gonna change that

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

having read this thread, I'm hoping they include a playable Bactria

including bombardiers who throw globes of greek fire

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

I dig the maps where you jump out of boats and go gently caress people up in the streets

also large infantry blocks own cuz my cav micro is poo poo. plus some off-brand ck2 stuff. all the things I like.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

there needs to be a two or three turn 'siege' timer for minor settlements. taking them shouldn't cost manpower, rather increase the speed of unit reinforcement. it's a little snipey right now and there's a lot of loving territory on that map to cover.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

normally eschew capital letters, always got marks taken off in school... so this is rare...

YOU CAN KILL LU BU AND WEAR HIS loving HAT!!!! I AM GONNA WEAR THE gently caress OUT OF THAT HAT!!!!

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

cow cow and his french buddy, ze huge!

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

rolling up to a castle in fots, with a bunch of armstrong guns and naval bombardment is one of the most satisfying gaming experiences. never really loses it's charm either. no way fun for the other guy and not requiring anything resembling tactics, but completely awesome.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

where does calling down lightning on your enemies fall on the 'honour scale'?

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

um... dudes... if people weren't being shouty assholes it wouldn't be a state of constant, total war.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

simple unit cards are where it's at. dude in silhoutte, plus weapon. I get that 'ham needed to have arty-art everywhere, cuz it's 'ham, but the unit cards are non-distinct as gently caress.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

romance is a shittier warhammer, records is an insanely polished tob.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

do any of the other imperial generals get unique units? don't remember his actual name, but his title was something like xianglian(?) and could recruit some absolutely baller swords.

also, does anyone know the actual name of the guy I'm talking about? vanguard general, fairly young in the '82 start?

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

The Doomhammer posted:

Are you running MTU? that adds Gao Shun as a unique with the title Xianzhenying and the ability to recruit his own special swords unit. Can't think of anyone in the base game that description would apply to.

that's the dude, thanks! I was wondering why I couldn't find him anywhere in the files since the swords bordered on reasonable and not run of the mill modgods.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

'I am now first wife.' says zheng jiang from a top a pile of bodies

'now look little lady, this is a male-dominated society and that kinda femin....'

"I am now first." says zheng jiang from a top a slightly larger pile of bodies.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

you can also pull off some remarkably stupid poo poo with brettonian peasants and the fey enchantress

maybe not 'doom' but gotta be somewhere near 'woe' at least.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

having finally experienced the epic launcher, I'm really looking forward to the day our corporate overlords start doing hostile takeovers in gundam suits.

kill'em all, mech-gabe, kill'em all.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

it feels like ca is trying to create infantry pushback through aoe attacks on elite units and hero types. you can roll up a flank with the right units, but that's more knockin'em sideways than back... while also being a bit much.

theatrical and poo poo, but you can't turn a section of the line through mass and the whole thing feels underwhelming even if it looks cool.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

imagine thinking imrik or lu bu are smug in a series of games where the fey enchantress exists.

she doesn't even tell people to kneel, just that it's expected of them. lady is ice cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

haunted bong posted:

I ended up recruitng Liu Chong in my Yan Baihu game after his faction was wiped out. I like to think he escaped to become a bandit prince.

he was always the bandit prince of our hearts. it's that smile, that drat smile...