Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Nephthys posted:

So to get Xaihou Dun his eyepatch do I just need to let him get shot at by archers a bunch? Or does it just happen at some point?

I don't know what it means, exactly, but mine happened after a fight I auto-resolved. I don't know if arrows-fired-at-dude matters, unless that's modeled in the auto-resolve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

Is Eight Princes actually bad or are people just mad at it for unclear reasons?

EDIT: Grabbed Mandate of Heaven sight unseen though - I'm not more than 10 hours invested in 3K in the first place, but those improvements look great.

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 9, 2020

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

quote:

To help add more diverse battlefield roles, axes now have bonuses against shielded units, while sword units do more base and AP damage. This helps sword units to be more effective against Ji/2 handed spear infantry and axe units to be more effective against shielded infantry.

Alongside this, militia now have their own weapon tier which are slightly lower than the base weapon stats, to reduce the combat ability of militia units.

gently caress yeah, swords have their day

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

MiddleOne posted:

Buy base game and mandate of heaven, skip everything else that isn't free.

EDIT: Actually, check with someone if you're locked out of the Mandate of Heaven yellow turban content if you don't have the yellow turban DLC first. Otherwise, skip.

You can definitely play the three Yellow Turban brothers from Mandate; you just can't play the original DLC lords.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

As an inexperienced player, I really liked Sun Jian's 182 start location - you get the basic tutorial fights, then spend several turns slapping down event-generated bands of pirates, and then have vast areas of unclaimed lands to hoover up while the north burns with rebellion. Though I didn't have much to fight and got a little bored by 188, so I started marching my army north to get into some fights just as the Emperor ate it and the empire fell apart into factions so I could finally start my "gently caress you" war with my neighbor. But you have lots of time to build up your provinces before the Royal Rumble starts, which I like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

http://www.3kingdomspodcast.com/
if you get through like 5 30 min episodes you hit just about every major character

I found this podcast, the Chinese TV show, and the books themselves all around the same time and I can't remember which drove me to which first, but I'm pretty sure this podcast was what did it. It's great.