Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

All I really want for Empire is a mod that makes the Marathas less of a terrifying invasion force from the east mid-game. Which one is my best bet for that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Is there a halfway decent mod for Napoleon that improves Great Britain's AI in the Coalition Campaign? They're the missing piece in the puzzle, as they just tend to sit there all game, doing next to nothing.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Clamps McGraw posted:

Am I the only person that really loved Napoleon? There's a lot of smack for it in this thread and others. I have put hundreds of hours into that game :shobon:

I thought Napoleon was generally well liked.

Speaking of Napoleon, is there any mod that improves campaign AI? I love the campaign of the coalition, but it's hard as Great Britain never does anything.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Realism junkies have nothing better to whine about than movement and seasons in a Total War title?

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

CA hasn't made a remotely historical game up to this point, don't know why they'd start whining about it now. :haw:

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

So, here's the big announcement: https://twitter.com/ControlMagazine/status/317351818478895105/photo/1

It's a MOBA. Not what I expected/wanted, but there you go.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

oscarthewilde posted:

http://www.creative-assembly.com/total-war-arena-new-free-to-play-game-in-development-at-creative-assembly/

The official press release for Total War Arena. Honestly not what I was expecting. It could be ok, I guess.

The few times I played it I felt like they did a bang up job with Shogun's multiplayer. With this as a foundation, perhaps they could make a MOBA title that is innovative and fun. That said, I'm a friendless shut in who has never played a total war title for anything but the single player experience. Still, I think there may be cause to hope for those who enjoy a total war multiplayer experience.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

I actually dislike the relationships some developers have, or are building, with the SA forums. For some titles it has resulted in blunted criticism when open criticism is due.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Empire question.

I'm looking for a very simple mod that makes the Marathas less of a juggernaut. Having the Marathas invading North America or Europe by 1750 breaks my precious immersion.

Anyone know of either a) an easy way to mod such a fix in or b) a mod that might already do it?

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Welmu posted:

Confirmation of Total War: Warhammer has been leaked from an upcoming TW Artbook.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/total-war-warhammer-leaked-ahead-of-announcement/1100-6424632/

This is the best and worst news simultaneously.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

The closest we'll get to Thirty Years Total War

This is my first thought as well. I mean, I enjoy the Warhammer universe to be sure, but I've always hoped for a Thirty Years War title.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

I look forward to the title centered on the competition between high-fiber breakfast cereal brands or, Total War: Total.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Posted on Total War's twitter account today:

No idea what it means but my best guess is Charlemagne.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Those don't appear to be stellar over all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

i had no expectations