Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Glad it wasn't dlc for fots. Gunz poo poo this game engine to bits. Getting burnt out in D3 maybe this dlc can get me back into shogun2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

SeanBeansShako posted:

FOTS might actually be the best one with gunz in it.

Your joking right? The amount of bugs that units had due to trying to shoot broke the games multiplayer. Ie units would spend more time moving into formation then shooting resulting in the first shot deciding who won. A unit would move into another units LoS but they wouldn't shoot. Often if 1 person in the unit wasn't in LoS, the entire unit wouldn't shoot. FOTS mulitplayer was terrible and wasn't nearly as good as the base Shogun2.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

Anyone try the new DLC for shogun2? The new units aren't to amazing. 30 men, cost a lot and have a stupid amount of morale. The Yari cav hero is quite a beast. The ninja hero is probably my favorite. Carries 11 bombs and has 60 reload. I use them as a fire bomb thrower once my main lines are engaged and do quite well.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

People that make mods for games often have entitlement issues.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

Shogun 2 was awesome. I have about 1500 mp games played between it and FOTS. Rome 2 looks even better, mainly because no guns.

edit: just checked and my record is 1328 wins 770 loses :stare:

Joink fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Oct 5, 2012

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

Olive Branch posted:

Hey folks, I'm done with that video I was talking about, if you want to play some more matchmaker FOTS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ban8ry8RwDM

Do you like FOTS over the vanilla game? I enjoyed it for a few months but the gunz vs gunz thing got tiresome and I remember the game had a lot of issues with gun units making high level play a matter of who can abuse the most bugs while avoiding others such as the issues with LoS. After the latest DLC came out with the hero units I played the base game for a while again and really enjoyed it more than FOTS. Fights where less about LoS and positioning in forests, and more about maximizing the units you brought and looking for weaknesses in the opponents army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

Are the new otomo clan units available in avatar mode?