Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Olive Branch posted:

That dude's face after the twists the knife. He looks on in horror.

I don't think that is horror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005

Alchenar posted:

So I actually really enjoyed Empire and Napoleon naval battles and how they were implemented. I thought Napoleon in particular did well because rather than being a game of chasing army transports, navies played their own game around attacking and protecting the trade routes and that solved a lot of problems of the AI kiting you.

In Shogun and Rome 2 however the Naval battles are so aggressively badly implemented that they're a major downer on the whole game.

The naval battles were such a step back in Shogun. Rome 2 is excusable, because they well, don't have ships of the line and cannon, though some greek fire would've been rad. The Shogun AI didn't exist. Also having no land models like Empire was such a bummer.

Just gimme a game that ties it all together CA. (put ships of the line and cannon into Total: Warhammer 2 please)

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005

Alchenar posted:

Rome 2 isn't excusable, if they can't make it fun they should have been brave enough to remove it from the game completely. Instead they wanted their Classical-Saving-Private-Ryan mixed battles and they're terrible.

I disagree. Were they as cool as they could be? Probably not, would I rather they not be in the game? Nah.