Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but this is the latest TW thread I could find and I guess you guys know about the other games too!

I'm gonna start playing Rome because Romans are awesome and the History of Rome podcast made me long for some sweet action. I remember last time I played that squalor was pretty broken, and any pop increasing building was a mistake etc. I remember I found a patch that kinda fixed that, but I can't find it again. Any other mods that are good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Should I get Shogun 2 or go straight for Fall of the Samurai? I've only played Rome before. Should I try any of the earlier games first? I just got a beefy computer, so something modern would be cool.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

I went with Shogun 2. I really liked to use spearwalls in Rome, seems to work right now at least, I make a big line of spearmen, then I flank them with fast spear samurias and horses. Starting with fire arrows is really nice.

Should I be disbanding my army to get more money, or is that just Crusader Kings 2 talking?

Also, I got a tradepost, but no one wants to trade with me. I tried removing my tradeships first, but no game. Anything I can do to make them like me more?

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Is there any fix to medival 2's interface being pixelated and horribly stretched?

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Odobenidae posted:

I'm pretty sure that there's a single 1024x768 texture for the battle/campaign HUD and playing on any other resolution stretches it and makes it look like garbage.

yeah something like that. I've played both rome and empire, but I just couldn't do medival, the camera is just so awful.

Can't wait for rome 2 to come out!

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Shogun 2 is doing the same thing as SC2 did for me. I can't limit the fps (even with vertical sync) on the menu or campaign map. This leads to my card going to dangerously high temps. The battles are fine, but just idling on the menu or map maxes out my card.

Anyone had the same issue and solved it? Googled a lot but can't find anything.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Yo! I botched my Bow-guys campaign by converting to christianity.

Should my Katana-guys run convert to christianity? Worth it? I have 3 provinces that are Buddhist, but I just captured 2 that's 100% christian.

So hard to decide!

Can I just get a monk to stop the province where I have my nanban port from converting?

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

If both me and my friend installs the artillery mod for Fall of the samurai, can we use it co-op? Or is co-op only possible unmodded?

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

DiHK posted:

I got in after a few days wait on the German thing.

Is there a goon steam group or something for Arena?

Would like to play with non-retarded people also. I'm in europe, but I rather play with US goons than reatarded pubbies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Playing Shogun 2 right now and what really bothers me is that there is rarely any good fights. I manage to take castles when the enemy just abandons them. If there ever is a huge battle it's either me just shooting a castle to bits with archers or me shooting an attacking army to bits from my castle. I really love it when you get those awesome middle of nowhere huge battles, especially when you win them by flanks and stuff when you are greatly outnumbered.