Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

NihilCredo posted:

Speaking of SC, it's not going to happen but I like to dream: dual-screen support.

I'd love to be able to set display 2 to pan close up to fights while screen 1 remained in a tactical view or vice versa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

SeanBeansShako posted:

Wait for the STEAM summer sale when CA reduces the price all their products down quite a bit then get both :).

Summer Sale isn't coming in 2012. The Mayans were right. :(

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Vivick posted:

Would you guys recommend getting Rise of the Samurai? I thought about buying it since its fairly cheap and I enjoyed vanilla Shogun 2, but from the Steam description I'm not sure if it changes the gamplay enough to warrant the purchase.

It's kind of a different experience. You have a much smaller selection of worthwhile units. Foot Samurai are the best archers and swordsmen in the game and will kill everything that isn't Samurai that you point them towards, but they have low unit numbers and high upkeep. Retainers are pretty good against other retainers and will slaughter levy troops but get slaughtered by Samurai fast. Levy troops die in the hundreds but they are cheap and easily replaced.

Actually the worst part of RotS is the naval battles. They absolutely blow. It's the worst parts of Vanilla's naval battles without any cannon ships ever being available and the clunky boarding action mixed with no ramming means you just park your poo poo next to one another and hope your fire arrow action becomes available before the CPU's does.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Apocadall posted:

Warhammer 40k: Total War is something I really want to see done, dropping dreadnoughts on hordes of orks. It's probably the only futuristic setting that the Total War combat could work for.

Total War: Starship Troopers. Remember! Registering your game means citizenship!

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I think they have pretty much established a rhythm of Shogun -> Rome -> Medieval at this point, though I'd love for them to focus more on Renaissance Pike and Shot era rather than the 900's-1400's.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

UberJumper posted:

So apparently Darth Vader the author of Darth Mod just quit the modding scene forever:

https://www.facebook.com/DarthMod/posts/146924002116188?notif_t=feed_comment

This is the 953rd time he has "Quit Modding Forever!!"

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

SeanBeansShako posted:

No, that'd be Darth. The guy behind DarthMod. The mod with Darth Vader slathered all over the loading screens.

Radious and his stuff are perfectly fine.

Don't make fun of Darth or he'll quit modding forever. You're walking thin ice.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

SeanBeansShako posted:

How in gods name do you fight fire in Fall Of The Samurai on your ships? Stopping OR repairing leads to the usual collapse of morale and abandonment...

I highly suggest downloadingt the Radious Naval mod. It makes navel engagements go from infuriating affairs to knock down drag outs where ships actually sink and a fire isn't effectively game over for that ship.

It balances this by making bigger ships significantly more dangerous, so a single fleet of large ships can still obliterate several fleets of smaller ships/less tech'd ships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Vengarr posted:

I miss the days when a trebuchet shot would miss and obliterate the Temple to So-and-So. I hope they bring that back in Rome 2.

Or the flaming ammunition in Rome that could accidentally burn down half the loving city. That was one of my favorite parts of the game actually - watching Onagers's stormtrooper accuracy burn down markets, temples, bathhouses, barracks. Pretty much anything but the gate or wall surrounding all of said buildings.