Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I hated the map in Rome so much that I kept playing Shogun until one of my friends basically forced me to stop being an idiot. Rome was a great game obviously, but I love the simplicity of provinces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feller
Jul 5, 2006

The brand new viking game is going to come out before the already done viking dlc for warhams 2 :v:

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Boy that background sure looks like Mesopotamia

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Liu Bei is history’s greatest monster.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Terrible Opinions posted:

Cao Cao did nothing wrong.

Just don’t slaughter a pig near him

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Someone post the gif of Cao Cao running away. God I love that show

feller
Jul 5, 2006

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Cao Cao genuinely was the good guy. You can tell by his wonderful laugh.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Third World Reggin posted:

Also do they have some third team that made this or something?

yeah they expanded a lot.

Stephen9001 posted:

I suspect the people who bitch about this will bitch about it because it's not the "real" 3 kingdoms period, which features the invention of the wheelbarrow.

I'm getting mediocre post deja vu

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Panzeh posted:

I believe the FotS unit roster never played out as interestingly as OG Shogun 2's.

The thing is, I feel like there's people who go into the games for tactical gameplay and people who play to zoom in and watch the spectacle and see zany stuff, and those are two very different groups of people.

I used to be tactical only but then I played beast men and I gotta zoom in on a mino charge. I just gotta

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I just tried Rome 2 for the first time. Probably 90% of my relevant total war experience is the warhammer games (I also played shogun 1 and rome 1 a lot a billion years ago but don't remember poo poo). I am playing Massalia.

I am completely lost. They made buildings much more complicated than in warhammer. I made a harbour and now I need food but I can't just go raid for it???

Is there any analog to shift-rmb drag for telling your units where to path and alt-lmb drag? I can't play without that.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Yeah this game went from "when's three kingdoms come out?" to me pre-ordering it

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

The minor cities just look like the villages of Empire/Napoleon. Hopefully the AI doesn't just torch your poo poo constantly.

Wrong, they take up a unit slot which means you can't fit more dinosaurs

do you even lizardmen bro

feller
Jul 5, 2006

my god... the realism

feller
Jul 5, 2006

That person's got it! In fact, I'd go so far as to state CA hasn't put a single original faction in this game. It's all ripped off form other sources.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Where do you get DEI? I can't find it on the workshop but I'm a big idiot

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Daddy Zhuo was the best, especially in the tv show, and he better be in the drat game or else!

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Ze Pollack posted:

you can really tell from early on that Liu Bei is the guy who's going to go on to found the next dynasty

Huh?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I will not be able to play this game without a mod that changes their poo poo sow sow pronunciation to the good and proper tao tao from the tv show.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Koramei posted:

I'm hoping the pronunciations are just because of the marketing dude and will be more correct in the actual game, since they're claiming to be working with actual Chinese people and going to China and poo poo.

they basically did a full 180 after the fiasco that was Rome 2 marketing. I remember when the next title was getting announced they did a big blog post detailing the different kinds of previews they'd show and exactly how those would differ vs in game content and stuff, and it seems like they've been walking on eggshells about it all ever since. Kind of justifiably really. I guess we'll see how this one launches but I think the Rome 2 launch really shook them and they've gone to pains to do better.

I didn't follow total war when rome 2 came out, what did they mess up with the marketing for it? Sorry, I tried to search but got nothing.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

jfood posted:

cow cow and his french buddy, ze huge!

:argh:

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Sperglord posted:

For those who follow Total War closely, is there any sign that Three Kingdoms will implement some form of logistics? From talking to a friend, it seems like supplies were a decisive element of warfare in that era - but Total War doesn't do supply lines...

Incredible post/name combo

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Sperglord posted:

You're welcome.

I actually agree that a supply system could be neat I just couldn’t resist the joke

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I hope they bring the Brett/Tomb King style victory conditions to the historical games. I love how open ended they are and that I don’t have to get into the autoresolve fest endgame stuff.

This probably wouldn’t work for Wu, Shu, and Wei since I can’t imagine not having them unite China to win. But maybe the tertiary factions could get it.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Also gets owned by a mob

feller
Jul 5, 2006

ninjahedgehog posted:

Huh. Note to self: when I run into Zhuge Liang, make sure to engage him with a dishonorable general who won't hesitate to take that punk's head clean off

bring Zhou Yu, but don't suck like he did IMO

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

If you aren't hyped to play as the (benevolent) Liu Bei, then we are officially not friends.

Liu Bei was a bandit and a scumbag. There I said it and meant it.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

By "real time" do you just mean rts vs. tbs or do you mean "months of real life time to send your boats places"?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

Real time as in you don't take turns on the campaign map the way you do in Total War or Civ. Kind of the way that 4X space games work or Empire at War.

Then I sadly must withhold my :same:

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I was under the impression that Dong Zhuo wasn't playable, is he?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

StabMasterArson posted:

To Total War vets, does this one seem more complicated than the others? Do they have decent tutorials? Im watching the ~official~ stream and I have no idea whats going on, but I love anything 3 Kingdoms related so im wondering if me, a dipshit, should take the plunge and just preorder

You should wait and make sure there are no glaring problems with the game when it comes out. You can still get the “free” dlc if you buy it the first week after launch.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

How hard will it be to get the swarthy bandit and guan yu out of the criminal liu bei’s faction and into whatever cool one I’m playing instead?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

fuf posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ARG12yFX9c

In this video where he's playing as Kong Rong he thinks there's gonna be an event where Taishi Ci allies with him, but in the end he just ends up killing him in a normal battle. Does anyone know if there really is an event like that and he missed it? Or was he hoping for something that isn't in the game?

If there are events based on the original story / events it makes me think it would be an advantage to know the story (which I don't) because there was no hint in game that he was anything other than a normal enemy general.

There actually is, according to this https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-three-kingdoms-warlord-legends-kong-rong/

Scroll down to the initial dilemma

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I'm gonna buy it the day it comes out and pretend like I just made a principled stand against the man

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I'm the Liu Bei of video gaming

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Agean90 posted:

best fights in total war are between 8-12 units in each stack imo

:agreed:

feller
Jul 5, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

My only qualm with diplomacy is there's no wiggle room, the deal is either +0.0 or no deal

I think the numbers are the wiggle room

feller
Jul 5, 2006

VietCampo posted:

Please god, let their be a Nanman DLC

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Reiterpallasch posted:

it's more of a social thread for people who like milhist these days, really

do people still spend pages discussing the minutiae of bows and pikes and other inane things (like apparently swords now)

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Stupid question, but where do you see your corruption? I can't find it anywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

In my ideal total war world you wouldn't just get fortification upgrades as a standard package and would be able to pick and choose depending on budget and whatnot and maybe even some simple way to design it yourself.

Like you could drop 20,000 and a massive per turn upkeep to build a gently caress off strong castle in your capital, or do cheap lovely walls in a large city that is otherwise in a secure region.

hell yeah give me total war: lords of the realm