Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is Fall of the Samurai worth getting, once it gets a proper daily/flash deal on Steam? I already got the base Shogun 2 which I play sporadically (Its not that I don't like it, just that I find some of the mechanics hard to get my head around.)

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jul 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Another question about Fall of the Samurai: If I have the base Shogun 2, will FotS become DLC for that game, only getting the new stuff, or will it be its own game, and I will have another fatass 15 gig game sitting on my hard drive?

Why are these stupid games so big?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So what should be my bottom line when doing diplomacy? As far as I can tell, it is "Ensure that you would never need to fight a war on more than two fronts. Everything else is gravy."

Okay, not saying that trade agreements, alliances, etc are useless, but it seems better to keep (most) everyone happy so I do not get into a situation where I have two clans on opposite sides of my territory decide to attack at the same time.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am beginning to curse the existence of hills. I have a battle where the AI starts off near a forested one, and since I am attacking, they just move onto there and not budge. Any tips for that sort of situation, or should I retreat/let the autobattle handle it?

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Jul 29, 2012

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Any tips for siege battles? While I was playing, I just let the autoresolve handle siege battles.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Question about diplomacy in Shogun 2: Is there a penalty against all your other relations if you suddenly engage in war with a clan you were friendly with? For example, Shimazu starts off with Higo as a trade partner (Which seems to build the relation to friendly, apparently), but Higo is one of the required victory Providences.

At least they take it in stride.

"Sorry, friend of several years, but I need your land, and I am willing to kill you and everyone else to get it."
"gently caress YES LETS GO :black101:"

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Hentai Jihadist posted:

They may not have been born on the same day but they will die on the same day

So presumably pretty hard, knowing CA though they'll do some weird screw up where theyr the most treacherous allies in the game though

Well, Liu Bei is kind of a professional traitor, so...:v:

Or is that :thejoke:?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Hunt11 posted:

Despite what the novel may try to say Liu Bei did many questionable things even as he proclaimed his nobility.

To be fair, it is likely that at worst he was no better than any other warlord at the time. His bros are kinda lovely though.

That said, the takeover of Yi Providence, which formed the basis of the Shu kingdom pretty much was a huge act of betrayal.

I am torn. I am never able to get into Total War for long even though I love the idea of the games, but I really do like Three Kingdoms stuff and the actual history behind them.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 20:21 on May 17, 2019

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Damnit, I always get these games, then I always give up after 10 hours, so I was trying to avoid this, but the stories out of the thread is breaking that resolve.

Also, one thing I am not clear on is how does the campaign work? I hear that there is a Romance mode and Records mode. What is the difference? Hero units like in Warhammer?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I always ask this: do I need to worry about friendly fire from archers if they are attacking a unit that another melee unit is attacking?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Crap, I have no idea which buildings I should build (Starting as Cao Cao). Should I concentrate on infrastructure first or go straight to that recruitment office?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Forgive me if this has already been linked, but here is Three Kingdoms characters as dril tweets (its a thread)

https://twitter.com/panarin_misha/status/1139582199177646081

EDIT: gently caress I need to resume my Cao Cao game sometime.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jun 17, 2019